Just don't get hype around Arch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I believe that you only get 1 free pass in the portal without having to sit out a year. Ewers used up his free pass this year in moving from OSU, so I think he will be inclined to stay and fight for playing time. Like you stated, it will be an interesting. Same can be said for the QB competition @ LSU. If Nuss wins the job, I think we may see Brennan in the portal now + Walker in the portal early next year. If Brennan is the guy then a portal entry by either Nuss or Walker will be delayed until the pecking order between the two of them is determined.

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I know Cooper is the funniest one. That dude is hilarious.

I'd like to see Nuss and Walker stay. They look like the best chance to have another great qb playing. I don't think Walker is in a hurry either, a couple years learning probably won't make him bolt. These two look like the championship guys who are not bothered by the pressure. I think they get better as the game gets tougher....kind of like a guy we had a couple years ago.

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think you only get one transfer without sitting out also, but the money is so great now, I can see a player like Ewers sitting out one more year if the money is right. As for the LSU situation, I don't see Brennan transferring because this is his last year of eligibility, I think. His opportunity was during the offseason and he decided to ride it out at LSU. If there's one guy to transfer, I think it will be Nuss. He's sort of put all of his eggs into this season and if it doesn't work out, I could see him transfer, especially with Walker next in line. I don't worry about Walker transferring yet, because I think he understands he has to get stronger and more familiar with the playbook and the speed of the college game before he gets his turn. I think the plan all along was to redshirt him his first year and then turn the reins over to him his second year.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

And players need to be only 3 years past their HS graduation to be eligible for the NFL Draft. Ewers spent his 1st year at tOSU, his second year will be with the Longhorns while Arch is playing his final year as a HS senior, and Ewers will play his last year of eligibility when Arch is a true freshman.

Arch will probably ride the pine for only 1 season and start as a Soph.

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Great point. I forgot about the three years and then you're eligible for the draft. Ewers better make the best of his opportunity because it looks like Aggie Nation is all in on Arch. The person who should be most nervous about the QBs playing well is Sark. He has another mediocre season and he may never see Arch play a single down.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I assume you meant "Longhorn Nation'.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Yes, I meant Longhorn Nation. Really looking forward to seeing how UT and OU perform against the best college football teams week in and week out in the SEC.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Don't get the hype? 9 commitments since Arch announced, including a Texas 5* WR and a 5* safety out of Louisiana. They've gone from #13 to #3 overall and they aren't done. Looking at the #1 TE right now. Great momentum heading in to the dead period which starts this weekend.

The bad news for Texas is that sardrunkian is still the head coach.

Herb and Perple like this.
  9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Very early recruiting thoughts.

Louisiana's Top recruits per 247:

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=LA

Our Lousiana borders are as open as the southen border of the U.S. under Biden. This is very unsettling, imo.

I know, "It's only July, dude!" & Signing day is Dec. 15th for most. 6 months to go. "Lots of time". But damn, we're going to have a hell of a time getting most of the Top 10 - Top 15 from LA, to look at LSU at this point.

We're at #48 down from #42 just a week ago. Starting to get a sinking feeling about Brian Kelly's southern recruiting. Really hope I'm wrong. I honestly don't know what his recruiting strategy is. I hope he can pull in a few huge OOS recruits, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in LA.

Kind of telling that Kelly has 6 commits & only 1 from Louisiana, who is actually committed. #23 RB - Trey Holly.

I realize we're not going to finish #48, but I do wonder if we can get close to a Top 15 class this year.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Regardless of how well UT does in recruiting, Sark better win now or he will never see any of that talent play a single game. He's putting together an impressive haul of talent, but that doesn't mean a thing if he can't translate that into wins on the field.

And Texas' roster may receive another boost in the near future! I'm hearing Alabama is not very impressed with the Brockmeyer boys and with the transfer portal out there, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to return home and play for the home team! I'm not saying it's going to happen, but my coaching buddies say they're hearing their performance so far has been less than impressive.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022