Just don't get hype around Arch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jun 10, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep. IIIRC, they won the SEC in Archie's senior year, but LSU beat the living crap out of them. Might be mixing up his seasons, but I know LSU beat them something like 63-14 one year. Archie played with a cast on his non-throwing arm.

2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

61-17 in 1970. I was a senior in high school that year and got invited up for a frat party. The Maravich assembly center and the Chemical Engineering building near South Stadium were both under construction. Someone had painted over a construction sign near one which said “Archie can’t score with a broken bone”!

mctiger likes this.
  3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

All about that bucket head…..that family has big head syndrome

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I understand. I guess I underestimated the disdain the family had for LSU. It's just sad that one of the most popular football families in the country doesn't root for their home state team.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Personally having watched the Manning Story on the SEC Channel and pulling for Archie when he was Saints QB i have a different take.

I will never question the manning family for any of their decisions and would expect the same for a legacy LSU kid from Louisiana making a decision to go elsewhere. I would want them to come to LSU but it is their decision.

Archie Manning and his boys have been the standard of class and good morals and i think Archie and his wife are nothing but class and loving people.

It is his grandsons decision with his mom and dad and thats it.

I remember as a kid Joe Ferguson from Shreveport Woodlawn high school chose Arkansas and his family got death threats and many people harassing them and thought how low class. This is true and my dad was a coach in the area and had a close friend coaching at the school. My god how extreme can people get.

Arch Manning should go where he feels is best for him and his family. Wherever that is i have no problem with it and wish him best of luck.

MobileBengal likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I have the 45 record made from that game called "Archie Who At LSU" with the flip side being Mike The Tiger. I still play it from time to time.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree that they have an outstanding family and conduct themselves in a first class manner. I wish Arch the best, but I guess after all these years I figured at least one Manning would go to LSU but it is what it is!

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

9. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Not surprised at all

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

He was never going to Bama unless Sark would have stayed at Coordinator. Sark is their guy and the only chance the midget had was because Sark was there. The only problem is the boosters will always be an obstacle for Sark and make his job 10x more difficult than it needs to be. I wish him well because I like Cooper best of all the Mannings. I will cheer for him except when he plays LSU.

I respect Archie (grandpa) for overcoming the demons he has had and raised such a great family. Most would have caved and ended under a bridge somewhere but his character is to be respected.

Good luck Arch!!