Juniors declaring for NFL draft. Final Tally

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I love Ensminger. Wish him many successful years!

[​IMG]

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Finally

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

All aboard!

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I think the single greatest thing that makes coaches successful is Talent number one. And in football you have to win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Our lines were lacking last year on both sides in strength and depth. When chaisson went down our pash rush disappeared for the most part. Putting pressure on our db's. Thank goodness db was a strength and allowed our linebackers to focus more on stopping the run. Once injuries hit and dline depth became an issue we had trouble against the teams with experienced lines.

On offense our depth in the line was an issue all year. Due to younger guys called into action by need our line was soft for most of the year. RB was better than we thought it would be but we didn't have the gamebreakers like LSU has been known for.

In the sec you better win in the trenches or ultimately you get beat.

Clemson proved in the championship game that a qb no matter how good he is running for his life cant be as effective. Tua with his injury was a sitting duck for the Clemson dline and running for his life most of the game. Bama dline did that to us. And our defense was just on the field too much.

Hopefully some of those issues are being addressed in our offseason and with recruiting and just further experience of another year.

Lets see how E does with some more talent, experience, and tools to take a little more risk.

5. lsu-i-like

Not saying E can’t, just saying good coaches overcome. If he gets another year I hope he hits a homerun. It would be a great story for a lifelong tiger.

I just want to make it clear that if he fails, O has failed in one of his main goals. I consider another year with E as OC as O going all in. I expect a lot of folks won’t be calling for O’s head, but I will.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I’m not sure that slinger’s going to change his tendency to go conservative

we’ll see

7. lsu-i-like

I don’t feel certain Eaux isn’t involved. I like Slinger better than E, I might start using that.