Juicers

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by silversvt01, Apr 8, 2012.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Have owned a Vitamix for 2-1/2 years, and I make a fresh fruit smoothie every morning for me and my wife. I throw in flax seed, pomegranate, and acai powder, coconut oil, greek yogurt, aloe vera juice, and frozen and fresh fruit. We get plenty of veggies, we eat collards twice a week, and we roast about every vegetable you can imagine, drizzled with olive oil. We're both 55, and neither of us have been sick once since we started our routine 2-1/2 years ago. The thing cost us 4 bills, but has been well worth it. I even make soups in it, with the 2 HP motor that spins @ 35000 RPM it heats up quick, cooks soup in 10 minutes. Best investment I've made in a long time.

silversvt01 likes this.
  2. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

Finally got our juicer today! Too bad I have to go out of town next week so I won't be able to try fasting yet. But I'm sure I'll be having some breakfast juices before I go.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

My receipt:

1 lemon
    1 green apple
    1 toe ginger
    1 bunch celery
    1 bunch kale
    1 cucumber

First day will be REALLY bad...you acquire the taste for this one. Wasnt as bad the second day and after a week it was all good.

4. silversvt01

silversvt01 Founding Member

Just remember to go easy on the ginger. It may get a little spicy. I use this same recipe but also add in 2 or 3 carrots and a handful of spinach.