John Emery, Raydarious Jones suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Aug 21, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Listen, I wish the kid the best and I hope he turns into a monster this season, but his past track record isn't very impressive. Forget last season, he came to LSU as this super-talented 5 star RB that should have challenged for major playing time immediately, but it just hasn't happened. He's been bypassed by far less talented RBs that are now in the NFL, but they just outworked, outplayed and simply wanted it more than him. At some point, Emery has to step up and do anything and everything to get his arse in the starting lineup. There is no reason Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who isn't the most physically gifted player, should have played in front of Emery. The reality is CEH had the drive and determination to succeed regardless of what stood in his way. Clearly, Emery doesn't have that same inner fire that CEH had, but he better find it soon or he's going to get passed up again.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Taint going full taint

MobileBengal likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Naw, this is stil preK. Wait for varsity.

MobileBengal and shane0911 like this.
  4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Geez, I’d hope that’s not what it is. Pretty sad if semantics would cost him 2 more games.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

6. shane0911

MobileBengal likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You can take a jab at me, but please tell me what Emery has done at LSU since he arrived? In his 3/4 years, how many 100 yard games has he had? How many games has he led the team in rushing? Give me any stat you can find that proves Emery is this great RB you make him out to be. I put him in the same category as Kardell Thomas, all fluff and no substance. If he comes out - after his two game suspension - and has a great season, I will gladly give him the props he deserves.

In regards to his high GPA, you are only showing that you can only look at things from a fan's perspective. Any objective person would realize that the NCAA isn't going to suspend any student/player with a 3.8/3.9 GPA FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR, if there is not a legitimate reason to do so! There clearly is a lot more to the story that we will most likely never know about, but Emery wasn't this little perfect angel that got singled out by the NCAA!

8. shane0911

You really suck at reading.

MobileBengal likes this.
  9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Pretty interesting interview.