John Chavis Defense 4 Blown "Saves"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Oct 19, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think that was the second time we lost to a Dick and a Nutt.

2. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

Mine never did, so don't feel too bad.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's how I made a B in macro/micro economics at LSU. Choose the answer I thought was right, then pick the choice that was opposite as my actual answer. Worked for every test...

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, we did. That was the day Alem made a bone-headed personal foul when we'd actually stopped them--and they marched down and scored on our shitty '08 defense.

However, we had been very good at end of game heroics. This is definitely a new phenomenon--only in '12 and '13. And in '12, we definitely had too much experienced talent to let that happen. We also allowed A & M and SC to score on us in the last minutes of those games. It didn't make us lose, but damn, it looks a lot better to beat the Aggies by 12, instead of 5, right?

Pelini's defense took a sharp nosedive in '07, too, from his previous seasons. He got to where his defenses had lots of trouble stopping anyone (remember the Arkansas game in '07?) Who knows if that skid would've continued had he stayed?

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I was at that game... that was where we had them stopped, someone uppercutted or punched an Arky player, then someone kicked the ball off the field... gave up something like 45-50 yards of penalties on that one drive... D totally collapsed.