John Bolton in, McMasters out

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerTap, Mar 22, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I wanted Rand Paul but he is a beta male. No presence on stage. Not likable for the average voter.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Something about a bunch of nuts shutting down a basketball game, another protest for something The Don has done I'm sure.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I lost so much respect for him in 2015/16. But he probably has more sense than most of his colleagues.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

They stormed a freeway, shutting access to a Kings game. They played but only with 100 or so people watching. It was over a police shooting. Officers shot a black man in his backyard as he was holding a cell phone. I don't like the fact that they shot him 20 times but I will say that it all started when he was reported to police by residents concerned about suspicious activity in the neighborhood. He was breaking car windows and a home glass door in South Sacramento when he was confronted by police. They followed him to his back yard and fired after one po-po yelled "gun".

I watched the night vision video. It was dark, a chase was going down. He refused to surrender. There's a good chance he might have died anyway, even with just a few shots but I think it's the 20 that peeps are pissed about.

But, lol on the basketball game. 2 weeks ago Golden State cancelled a practice the day after Curry's b-day party because they were all too hungover. Like does anyone really care about the product?

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that's the shit that turned me away from the NBA,.. and that, piss on the fans only I matter, attitude has become more prevalent in college. I'm telling you vball, women's college basketball is kinda better,..if they'd ban the damn sports bra, it would be.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yea, the cops could have killed the man with less bullets in daylight for running from them.
    He deserved to die...probably wouldn't have gotten the death penalty.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Where did you read or conclude that he deserved to die? Avoid the typical emotional bullshit and focus on facts. His own neighbors called the police based on his behavior. When police arrived he was destroying property. He failed to surrender. He ran. It was dark. He had "something" in his hand. Is anyone surprised that the police shot? 20 is likely excessive but even 1 or 2 would likely have been lethal.

Let's wait until the autopsy to determine whether he was under the influence. Either way, the entire incident was precipitated by HIS behavior, HIS choices.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. stevescookin

Those facts don't justify the cops shooting him. Emotional bull Shit is probably what the police demonstrated.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Put yourself in the cops shoes. You are chasing a guy who has been acting violently irrational in the dark. He pulls out "something." Do wait for him to shoot first to make sure that "something" is a gun or not? Or would you rather die because it is a gun and you allowed him to take the first shot?

HalloweenRun and stevescookin like this.
  10. stevescookin

That I understand. That's why we should wait for all the facts as well as the decision of the inevitable investigation. I wouldn't have been protesting.

What I don't agree with is the trivialization of human life. It's as if there is more indignancy about disrupting the basketball game than there is concern that an unarmed man was killed over vandalism...in a manner that is over reactive. It seems like those cops were reacting out of extreme fear.

The police in New Orleans are probably the world's greatest at controlling a situation (since Katrina). Look at Mardi Gras for example, several million drunk people elbow to elbow with armed youths involved and when actual gunplay happens and shots are fired, they always apprehend the shooters alive. They don't shoot first and ask questions later. I think the consent decree has everything to do with it. Before that, we had a corrupt force with lots of heavy handed policing. The training and hiring practices the FBI supervises is responsible for the turnaround. They weeded out a lot of the bad actors through dismissal for cause and "early retirement".

It's possible to maintain a police force that is not judge, jury and executioner. The training academy is close to the cafe and I've gotten to know many of the trainers and cadets...outstanding people. The biggest problem they face is that there is a lot of attrition because their superior training and experience results in them being hired away to other law enforcement agencies.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018