Joe Schad reporting Miles could be fired today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 23, 2015.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Shane, you are getting exactly what you've been hoping for--for years. Why so morose now?

I'll answer part of it for you. I never wanted Alleva to hire our next coach; I don't trust him. Call it the lacrosse scandal, I guess, but I have never been thrilled he was here, and now our football program's future is in his hands.

And unless he has a really impressive hire lined up and read to present pronto...we are going to look like a bunch of assholes. Coaching is a tight fraternity, and the members of said fraternity pay close attention to how their brothers are treated.

Winston1, COTiger, $TigerFan$ and 3 others like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what the hell are you talking about. avatars. you need to leave that whiskey for red.

shane0911 and furduknfish like this.
  3. fnzen

fnzen Founding Member

OK LEADER who is your pick? throw them heuvos on out there

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Lordy. What has Alleva said so far? How long has it been since we made diarrhea on the field again? Y'all need to chill the fuck out. It is time for Miles to go, Alleva has done good with men's basketball, and now it is time to let football play itself out.

I can't believe y'all are shrinking on Miles who has been given the benefit of doubt for years AND so unwilling to give Alleva a chance despite him doing a pretty good job since he got here. Y'all are looking as fickle as @red55 made y'all out to be. If Alleva fails at his job, make a change, but let this play out; we're exactly 2.1 days from the end of the Ole Piss turd.

tirk, LSU_4_LIFE, ParadiseiNC and 4 others like this.
  5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Because the freakin talking heads think it's about a three game losing streak and losing to Bama. They haven't experienced the frustration of watching a talented LSU offense bumble its way to a close victory over WKU. They don't know they frustrations of drive killing penalties, uninspired play, watching a walkon fifth string QB lead drive after drive on our D, watching teams like Ole Miss and Miss St pass us by. For the most part, they used Miles as a punchline for 11 years and placed him far down the list of best SEC coaches. I really don't give a crap what they think. We all feel bad for MIles. I wanted him to turn it around but it never would have happened. I don't want to see another seasoned squandered. God, just let this be over quickly.

tirk, Kal-El012, LSU_4_LIFE and 9 others like this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very well said.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Herman

LSU_4_LIFE, fanatic and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's no surprise the media would spin this despite having him as a middle of the road coach in the SEC. They need something to talk about, let em talk. If we make a good hire and it succeeds they'll celebrate the decision... but only afterwards. Most of the media is reactive, not proactive.

tirk, LSU_4_LIFE and northernvatiger like this.
  9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Very well said. It is so true, Miles was always the butt of jokes on ESPN and other networks. Now, all of a sudden it is the fanbase with unrealistic expectations? I post on a MMA forum as well, I was expressing my frustration with Miles, a poster there said basically the same thing that I'm blowing things out of proportion. He then watched the Ole Miss game and said he could see my frustration with how poorly LSU executed. How they looked lost for having played so many games. The penalties were laughable.

I know I've been one of the more vocal ones in wanting to see Miles go. I've said he should not be fired, but after the last three games I feel he should. I've felt the firing was unjust yet, but after coming to three straight games with no passion. I felt Miles time was up here, that he lost his magic but the time was not right, but I feel it is. As much fear as I have of LSU becoming the Nebraska or Miami, I have more fear that LSU could be the next Texas or Tennessee by waiting too long. Miles is too set in his ways to change.

I also feel bad inside because I genuinely like Miles the man. He coached with class and dignity. He represented the state and LSU very well. He won at an extremely high through most of his tenure. The kids love Miles and he loved them. So I do feel bad for him, I don't want to see anyone fired. However, I do feel the time has come to part ways. LSU has too much talent to continue to be mired in this much and it's only going to get worse.

LSU_4_LIFE and northernvatiger like this.
  10. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

Exactly right. The national media are full of crap on this issue, even the ones who played, coached, or both. They don't see it in the context of several different OC's but ending up with the same offense, blown chances, getting out coached and out schemed on a regular basis, a coach that can't figure out when to call a time out, etc. They can't, or won't, see it in the context of having top 5-10 talent every year and consistently under-performing with it.

ParadiseiNC likes this.