Joe Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geaux9, Jan 26, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

O recognized a problem (DL) and had a plan to fix it. When that plan fell through he had a plan B (three star recruits). Sorta like E and Brady to our flagging passing game.

No one else would have thought to forgo blue chip recruits for diamonds in the rough, which is what makes O so innovative.

I’m just pissed. I hope O does good, just sick of being asked to settle and wait till next year. And all the people who don’t see an issue with it.

furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No but it isn’t the sole determinant of success.

3. didit

didit Veteran Member

I see what you're saying here but it's relative to who we played (toughest schedule), strength of our conference and how we finished... Think about it, we finished behind bama and fuck Florida because we lost to them, ahead of the dawgs because we beat them and way ahead of the assholes in Texas because even though we lost on the scoreboard, the committee has eye and saw we were screwed a few times in that game.. . And our record was better... Do we need to do better, yes but we exceeded my expectations. .. geaux...

KyleK, Brian and Winston1 like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think my point is that it was utterly sad that our expectations dropped below a 9 win season with our consistent elite recruiting.

Sure. Most expected 6-8 wins and we finished with 10. I Don’t see that as a cause of celebration as much as others as I expect that regardless of the year. No reason we can’t win 10 every year with the kids we have.

Just my 2 cents.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Only issue is Georgia and A&M's classes are rated ahead of us. We beat Georgia last year and in my mind beat A&M. So if we beat both again next year with less talent maybe it's not just winning the recruiting wars.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

A&Ms classes have never been better over any 4 year period. Which is what I have repeatedly said. Plus, 2 of the 3 major sites have LSUs class higher this year.

FYI. Check Clemson’s.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. didit

didit Veteran Member

Imo, I think expectations were low because of our schedule, not our talent... I think that's why we were rated so high in the final polls... The AP actually had us rated the highest 3 loss team... This and we spent the whole off-season listening to how coach o was going to be the first coach fired... Should we look to get better, of course but after that 10-3 and losing to a&m bitches the way we did was pretty good.. .

Brian and KyleK like this.
  9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Finally got around to reading about this guy... Finished at William & Mary with multiple degrees and after playing he was immediately hired by the football program there. I think that says something. A few years at W&M and Penn St., then snatched up by the Saints. That seems to be a pretty fast rise. He has an OC-heir-apparent feel to him.

LSUTiga and lsu-i-like like this.