Joe Brady is unfortunately one and done at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It’s not me who needs to be convinced.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Sourdoughman, furduknfish and Brian like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Brady brought focus, expert dissection and installation of concepts and schemes and the application of a highly evolved passing game.

E actually said he always let Brady call empty sets and bunch formations because he's way smarter with it. Just cause we praise Brady doesn't mean we're denigrating E who did a masterful job and made the whole thing go.

Get that through your thick skull.

E like O knows his limitations which is invaluable. I think we promote Munoz. We just lost Decoster. Might lose Mickey, too. Lot of shuffling I think.

ParadiseiNC and fanatic like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Negative, his dementia knows no bounds.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Everyone's so focused on what Brady brought to the passing game, and rightly so, but he was also a helluva position coach too. Remember all the drops the WRs had in 2018? All he did was transform a pretty good group of receivers into the best in the nation. (That's how you developing talent - something severely lacking under previous coach, but I digress) He created a really unique set of drills to help them improve not only on reducing their drops, but actually improving their pass catching ability, it showed during the season, and it obviously paid HUGE dividends.

Most know this story by now, but for those that don't, do yourself a favor and watch this >> https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27827704. And if you REALLY want to know (and you should), read this >> https://lsusports.net/news/2019/9/5/211810894.asp

The point is, as much as he's brought to the offense and the passing game specifically, it can be argued that he brought just as much to the WR corps. So quoting Admiral Cliche', whoever replaces him has some big shoes to fill; especially as a position coach. I just hope drills Brady created are now standard operating proedures for all incoming. LSU receivers.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    didit, msully, kcal and 7 others like this.
  6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Thanks for stopping by Joe. Good luck with the food up there in Charlotte. Let's just say BBQ aside, it ain't LA.

gynojunkie, tzanghi and Brian like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hes at every NC broadcast when they lose out. That mf was at our prior one.

furduknfish and Brian like this.
  8. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I hate to see him go also but if you ask yourself this question...”we could have one season with a guy that is instrumental in bringing us a NC, a Heisman winner, almost every award possible, an undefeated and record setting offense but we only get him for one year...would you bring him aboard?” Every one of us would say yes! Like I said, hate to see him go but this guy in the course of less than one year has probably increased his salary by a level of 5 or more, we’d all do the same thing!

didit, Brian, msully and 8 others like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yep, that’s a big concern. Mickey Joseph ain’t it and that old dude didn’t work miracles. No rest for O, hope he gets a chance to enjoy it before next season truly starts.

Brian and Sourdoughman like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I dont think this was about money as much as career goal/prestige. Having said that, I would have read that quote from gnome king about how his biggest mistake was leaving LSU if I was O. Not apples to apples but the point is the same.

gynojunkie likes this.