Joe Brady - in-

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 11, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

workin’ from one end to the other and all points in between

Bengal B likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think what @RamahRising is saying and everyone agrees lsu should be setting the standard especially if you have an offensive prodigy in your back pocket.

I'm sure Woody doesn't want to set the precedent of paying a passing game assistant 2 mill but we have a unique situation. Brady is the co-oc and the brains behind the operation despite his title. Not only the very best in college football but the best in history. Reward him as such even if he was only making 50k two years ago. That's irrelevant and he's earned it.

Although money is not his biggest motivator, Brady does have an agent. He will weigh his options. I think he and Oeaux have discussed his worth and both are content he's gonna stay another year maybe two. And soon enough he'll return to the NFL where we found him.

But set the standard as it's monopoly money that means nothing, especially for a perennial top 5 team. It attracts the best suitors and recruits that keeps you ahead of the curve. Oeauxs salary is ~ half of Sabans notwithstanding his upcoming raise. We should fully use that difference to our advantage. Just offering the average gets you average results. Pay the man so when he leaves you aren't second guessing what could have been. You might even get an extra year out of the guy if you treat him as such.

Lsu going 15-0 against this schedule is mathematically more difficult than going 30-0 vs Clemsons. LSU would end up having beaten 5 of the top 8 teams remaining in the rankings. Statistically the best college team ever.

It's no time to be frugal.

Brian, shane0911, furduknfish and 5 others like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think tirk makes the best points given reason an accomplishments. Pay him well and solidify a future and keep the performance incentives rich. I also believe Brady too, wants to prove himself. In as much as this offense benefited from the the schemes Brady succeeded with, a metric ton of that success belongs to Joe executing on the level he and Brady both collaborated on. Where Brady needs to prove to himself is what can he do with a talent not called Joe Burrow. What strengths will he be able to scheme for and to what advantage over the competition? That day is coming and THEN he still has to prove he can perform as an offensive coordinator. So I am pretty comfortable that Brady knows his limitations, knows he himself needs to grow and can very well do so in a system that will compliment his growth.

Brady...accepted the terms and the challenge and this, right here, is just the place for him to solidify his value. He knows this, if I am O and Woody, this is the conversation I woulda had before negotiating terms.

We're fine people. Watch it happen and enjoy the show. LSU is back and the terms for sustainability are written.

We comin, and we comin to stay.

shane0911, el005639, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nice cherry picking. You may fool others here but not me. You may have been the worse but a couple of others I think had you beat. One of the reasons I am despised here was because I called you and others out here for your constant complaining about E, Gregg, CEH and our strenght coach. Didn't go along with the party line. Well I had faith and also saw just how good this entire coaching staff is and how good CEH was.

Sorry try fooling someone else

5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

This forum has had its head stuck up Bama’s Ass for eight years sipping Terry Tea, and it can’t see sunshine for Saban drizzling shitz
    that’s enveloped it ...

$3 mil for 3 years allowing an NFL buyout!
    Brady won’t make the Spring Game ... He gone!

There’s one outside shot to keep him ... And it’s all up to Oeaux ... Who can get what he wants!

I’m gonna talk to the Cajun Cannon this week so maybe he can put a bug in his Cousins ear ... I’ll catch him this week at his restaurant! When Bobby’s there, I never have to buy my beer.

We are on the precipice of Mediocrity ...

Lose Brady and we return to the abyss
    Lose Aranda and we return to the abyss

Don’t think it’s just a Brady fire alarm!
    It’s a critical yr to reward Dave Aranda
    I’m serious about free homes as well as HIGHEST PAY SCALES IN AMERICA
    You Take greed out of the equation ...
    We an LSU family ... Or we split apart
    There’s no middle ground here ...

I want to see Alabama gutted and Saban and his gimmicks made redundant and the Bama Program returned to mediocrity permanently

I’m glad I lit your asses up with a little outside the box thinking ...

Don’t go agreeing with me too much!

6. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Are you gonna bring back that thread
    Where are the buzzards?

Lol

shane0911 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are free to use the search function and point out how many times I have bitched about E this season. Good luck!

I was one of the first on the CEH train during his recruitment.

Want me to prove that as well?

How many times you wanna be wrong baw?

Brian likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't have time to go back and do that. What I do have is an excellent memory. I have been banned constantly for jumping you guys for everything I mentioned in this post.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Let me help put you to bed old man:

upload_2020-1-12_19-40-10.png

[​IMG]

fanatic likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You see, far too often you confuse legit criticism of coaches and players as some "bad thing".

Everyone on this forum, if they did complain, was 100% justified complaining about our offense prior to 2019.

Thank God we did. We landed Brady.