"Jim Tressel is a better coach than Pete Carroll"

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

SEC- 5-0
    ACC - 1-1 (Miami was still in the Big Least in 2001)
    PAC 10 - 1-1
    Big 12 - 2-3
    Big Least - 1-2 (Miami was robbed by a bogus call in OT against OSU)
    Big 11 - 1-2 (Should be 0-3)

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Well the media didn't think LSU did and thats why USC got its little AP trophy. LSU had no control over who it played only how it played which was very well. We would have beaten USC if given the opportunity in '03.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

It burns my azz every time I hear someone mention USC's 2003 title. I travel all the time and hear a bunch of different sports shows and it inevitably gets mentioned when discussing USC or college football. Unfortunately, the prevailing opinion everywhere outside of our fan base is 2003 was a split title. No matter what we say it will always be viewed that way by others and talked about that way by media. Its even shown on the NCAA site as a split.

I quit arguing with people about it and just point them to this :crystal:. Its what they all want even if they say USuCk split the 2003 title. Fug em.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

[​IMG]

5. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

You can only control who you beat, not who you play. Go ask Auburn if USC played the other best team in the nation in '04. Same could be said for the beatdowns the SEC keeps giving the "other best" team from the big 10. In any system with bias there will be contoversy, but it's the system we all agreed on. Making up your own rules and titles cause the breaks didn't go your way is bull****. And only the media darlings USC could get away with it (Same situation in '04, no "split" title).

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have been saying this forever. Tressel's failures come at the hands of stronger foes on the national stage during Bowl Season. Carroll's failures come at the hands of conference weaklings after 9PM on Saturdays. Less people see Carroll fall on his face than Tressel.

1 person likes this.