Jets over Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 26, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yesterday and today military jets practiced flyovers of Tiger Stadium. F-16's maybe, I didn't get a good look.

I'd expect one for Saturday's pregame.

2. clair

clair Rockets

There will be one. It's scheduled, anyway. I don't know the way weather conditions or whatever can affect that.

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I was walking to the stadium for the first game when they flew over. I was right by the tennis courts near the field house with my daughter on my shoulders. They were so loud she stuck one her fingers in my eye and latched on with all of her might. So thanks for the heads up.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I work just aside of Miramar Marine air base and we get jets flying over setting off car alarms just cause they can. It is natural to pause a conversation because the Marines are attacking again. I can understand how when this never happens in your town it can be awe inspiring but here, it is a sure pain in the ass.

The small sacrifices for freedom. :usaflagwa

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Off topic, but there have been a few (what looked to me like) C-130s flying around Morgan City and I kept wondering what in the hell was going on. They kept flying really low, I'd say about 50'-75' above my neighborhood. I asked a few of the older guys in my area what was going on. Then we found out they were just spraying for mosquitoes. I'm very interested in WWII era aircraft, in fact model aircraft is one of my favorite hobbies, so I was excited. I know C-130s aren't WWII craft, but it along with the B-52 Strats and B-36 "peacemakers" are some of my favorite aircraft of the early post-war era. Mainly I just like the sheer size and design of these old bombers/transports. Oops, didn't mean to derail the thread Red, just thought I'd share.

6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Man that is frickin' awesome. If I had been able to I would have loved to have joined the USAF, but my health prevented that.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

they did not look like F-16s. I swear i saw 2 engines, so many f-15s. They made 2 or 3 loops around campus yesterday.

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The ones for the App State game were Hornets, so maybe the same unit? There's also an F-15 guard unit in Belle Chase.

As for weather, as long as the ceiling is above 3000, it should be a go.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Being close to the Air Force Academy and retired Air Force flyovers are old habit.

Here's a look at a F-15 taking off.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.