Jeremy Hill Arrested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 27, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU's success and every game on TV has meant that we get very few night games anymore . . . TV moves them to the afternoon. We now only get a couple of cupcake games a year at night.

We don't need Hill for the cupcake games. I say Les suspends Hill for 3 games. TCU, Kent, UAB.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Hang on a second...off the top of my head.

The two biggest home games LSU had last year were UofSC and Bama—both night games.

The only afternoon kickoff I recall from 2012 was against Ole Miss. I wouldn't characterize them as a cupcake last year but they were 3-5 in conference play.

IF I recall this correctly that makes seven of the eight home games, night games.

2011? Arkansas was a Friday game which translates to afternoon. So, that leaves whom? UF and Auburn for CBS games? Oregon was a night game.

That leaves five of eight at night: 12 of 16 over the two year period.

2010? Gosh. :D Here's where it gets tough on the memory. It's an even numbered year which would put UF, AU, and UArk on the road. Our game was an afternoon kick that year. LSU opened with UNC and played WVU and I recall WVU being a night game and the UNC game was the Chick-Fil-A game, right?

I can't remember when the Ole Miss game kicked off in 2010. We talked about that UT game a couple of weeks ago and I remember that was an afternoon kick. So, assuming Ole Miss was in the afternoon as well...

Four of seven in 2010, 16 of 23 over the last three years.

UT has been abysmal by your standards so that's a cupcake, right? :D

Out of those seven games at home that weren't at night how many were against tough opponents?

Anyway, that's what...74% of the games LSU plays at home are played at night?

--------------------------

Back to Hill and curfew: the reason I brought up night games.

I saw a lady named Diana Samuel (Nola.com) mention in her article the judge had ruled Hill would be allowed to attend football related activities if they went past his curfew. The tweet posted earlier by Michael (Singleton?) didn't mention that.

Conflicting reports? Or, did the TV guy just not mention the football related activities. I hope this is the case. Allowing him to focus on football instead of sitting at home would be a good thing as I see this.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

LSU needs to do whatever it takes to get more night games and get them on TV. Night games ARE tiger football, with a stadium full of sauced Cajuns not a bunch 2 PM blistering hot day games.

If the networks try and move games to 2 PM is there any way LSU can just say no thanks we'll play at 7 and increase our chances of victory 10 fold?

plotalot and fanatic like this.
  4. red55

Not true. I've got the tickets and we've seen game after game moved to the afternoon. 2011 was the worst season with only one 7:00 kickoff that I remember.

I have heard nothing official on this point.

Les suspended Jefferson just for being indicted. Hill will be suspended for pleading guilty to a crime. At least three games in my opinion.

5. red55

Only by leaving the SEC. Conference rules require us to move games for TV.

6. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Uhh...TCU is no cupcake. Agree with the rest of your point.

7. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

I agree...suspend him for a number of games and then let him play with the caveat that if he farts in the wrong direction he is history. If he has truly learned his lesson it will show. If not he will be gone sooner than later.

I love how there is a ref standing right there watching when Murray gets lit up...pathetic.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Reminds me of Azz Ramsey's chop block of Glenn Dorsey against AU in '07. Look @ 3:56. The freakin' ref is standing RIGHT THERE looking directly at the play, but never throws a flag! I remember how pissed I was when this initially happened. Dude doesn't deserve to be officiating on ANY level, much less the SEC, if he's going to let bullshit like that slide.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

He suspended Hill as soon as the incident came to light, just as he did Jefferson. JJ missed games only because that case was unfolding while the season was in progress. As soon as he was cleared, Miles reinstated him. But I'll agree, 3 games sounds right.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Umm there are no rules in fighting.

If we followed the rules, we would not have beaten the British. Or is that just different? You know, kus like, we hid in trees and shit.......

Either way, hes a kid who ran and punched some dude.

You are correct, I would much rather him be a drug lord. At least then its respectable.

StaceyO and Contained Chaos like this.