Jeremy Hill Arrested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 27, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les and the public take a dim view of these large, trained, pumped up athletes beating up on fellow students in a bar. The guy was knocked unconscious and you can bet his attorney will allege further injury. You are on video practically everywhere you go these days and they got this one on video. Let us hope the "victim" was not a student and actually started the fight. Let us hope that the knockout punch was thrown by someone other than a companion of Hill's. And let us hope that that guy is not also a football player.

If the DA charges him with violation of probation, Les will have little choice but to dismiss him.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A $500 bond would indicate that its not a big deal. But like Red says, it will really depend on how far the defense and the DA will want to take it.

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I sure don't like seeing 2 out of the top 3 articles on ESPN College Football being two separate LSU players getting arrested.......I know it happens everywhere but starting to seem like it happens here more than most places.

Herb likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Big picture for LSU... in one day (or was it two?) a former player who was kicked off the team for drug use was all over the news and national media for being drafted... a former player (current student?) arrested in Eunice... then this... Over the past few years the Thugs seem to be the only ones getting press at LSU.

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

That's because you are much more interested in what goes on at LSU than most places. Here are your recent Fulmer Cup winners, which goes to the college football program whose players collectively have the worst criminal record
    2006 Marshall University
    2007 University of Illinois
    2008 University of Alabama (Saban)
    2009 University of South Florida
    2010 University of Georgia
    2011 Auburn University
    2012 University of Arkansas

most people don't care. Football players getting arrested is routine news. Just under Saban at Bama you've had:

Dre Kirkpatrick - arrested
    Mark Barron - arrested
    Rolando McClain -arrested
    Courtney Upshaw - arrested
    Dennis Pettway - arrested
    Eddie Williams - arrested
    Brent Calloway - arrested
    Tyler Hayes - arrested
    Jeremy Elder - arrested
    Jimmy Johns - arrested
    Aaron Douglas - arrested
    Simeon Castille - arrested
    Rashad Johnson - arrested
    Brandon Deaderick - arrested
    Brandon Fanney - arrested
    Roy Upchurch - arrested
    D.J. Pettway - arrested
    Tyler Hayes - arrested
    Eddie Williams - arrested
    Brent Calloway - arrested

KyleK, VampMuse, mctiger and 3 others like this.
  6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

No, it's because he was looking at any sports website like ESPN or CBSSports and saw half the headlines being LSU players getting arrested and a former player with a bad attitude being drafted. I saw the same headlines and was ashamed to see it.

I'm tired of making excuses and hoping for the best for our players. It is what it is

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I see players getting arrested on a regular basis and nobody cares

8. TheSkeptic

TheSkeptic Banned Forever

I know that when Pennington used to frequent bars, he brought bodyguards with him to keep him out of trouble. Potential millionaires should do the same.

9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

And what i mean by that I'm talking about ESPN frontpage, those headdlines they always have on the right. It is surprising how often some college football player has one of those headlines for being arrested. And even on a slow news day, nobody cares.

Now getting two at once (Simon, Hill) is a lot less common than getting just one. But the other day Bama had FOUR - and they were driving around campus beating students into unconsciousness. Yeah, that was interesting, and i tried to milk that for all it was worth in the thread we had on it, but at the end of the day, nobody cares.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

When they come from the same school more often than not, trust me people remember. How do you think Thug U got its name?