Jayden Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerace, Mar 7, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Not sure how I feel about the situation. It definitely caught me off guard. I know Brennan is injury-prone and having Daniels is a great backup plan. My concern is what if he beats Brennan out for the starting job or Brennan is injured during the season and he comes in and plays lights out. It would seem that he would then be penciled in as the starter for the following year, but how does that affect Howard? If Daniels plays lights out, is Howard going to wait until year 3 to take over the job? Adding Daniels could be a great thing, but it could also lead to other QBs transferring out. This reminds me of a conversation I just had with an Alabama fan. With Young coming back next year, it's pretty much a given that one of their stud backup QBs is going to transfer out after spring practice. The question is which one will it be and that could be the exact same situation LSU could finds itself in, if Daniels comes in and shows out.

tigerace likes this.
  2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Great pickup at QB. Easily the most experienced of any in the "QB Room". Who coined that room stuff anyway?

Daniels completes 62.4 % of his passes & is a good running g threat averaging 4.4 yards per carry. Has 32 TDs / 13 Ints.

By comparison, oft injured Brennen completes 60.2% of his passes & obviously not a running threat. 13 TDs / 6 Ints.

Nussmeier in 2 games completes 50.9%. 2 TDs/ 2 Ints.

Walker's likely a Redshirt this year, unless he explodes in Spring practice, imo.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Sounds about the same things LSU fans have said & posted about Max Johnson, his interfering Dad & recruit little brother.

tigerace and mctiger like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is a coaching problem. How much they let her get away with is on them.

HalloweenRun and tigerace like this.
  6. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I think Nuss' Dad has been the same way. I think coach O let it happen, but I'n not sure that Kelly will put up with it. Does not seem his style

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I tend to agree, at least it seems that way. If he is teaching accountability and discipline and leadership then I can't imagine he would allow mommy and daddy to be in his office telling him how to coach his team. At least I hope not.

Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Was in Scottsdale a few weeks ago and met a couple whose son plays for ASU. They were glad he was leaving. He was described as a cancer in the locker room, the team was divided, and some players had gone to Edwards telling them he needed to clean things up, that many players were "trashy" and Daniels was at the middle of it.

mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

well shit….

good to see you vball…

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

His mom nor him is going to tell Kelly what to do, so that's a dead issue. As far as his locker room antics that won't stand either as the staff is much improved over what we had. These guys are making a living off that locker room and will not allow a kid to ruin millions for them. Kelly will have this team walk the line or go, he's been doing that a while. It is good to have an extra arm so I'm ok with it. We not on the shrimp boat any longer guys it will be ok.

Perple and lsu-i-like like this.