Jayden Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerace, Mar 7, 2022.

1. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Any thoughts on adding Jayden Daniels to the QB room??

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Welcome aboard, could use the depth

LSUpride123, lsu-i-like and 65Grad like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

insurance policy… “they” say no promises have been made and will make for an interesting situation…

I’m more aligned for now with thinking nuss leaving after spring….

lsu-i-like, shane0911 and tigerace like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I believe Kelly has to look for as many options as possible. He has essentially zero film on Nuss, MB seems fragile and Howard is a true freshman. He needs experience in the room

65Grad likes this.
  5. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I agree. I think Nuss will go. Adding depth seems to create strife these days in the QB room for sure. With Howard coming in and Daniels with 2 seasons to play, I think Nuss and his daddy move on. When Daniels has been good he's been off the charts good. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a new venue, set of coaches and better supporting cast?

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

daniels has 20+ starts… Myles has 3 (I think)

Perple and tigerace like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I still think Myles gets the job, not saying its right or wrong but just because of the time he has put in. Think everyone is right with Nuss chucking deuces but stranger things have happened. Better we have Daniels when that happens than to have only BJ and Howard on the roster

Winston1, lsu-i-like and tigerace like this.
  8. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I do agree MB should have the leg up on the starting position, he deserves that much with the tie he's put in for sure

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

From a Brody miller article in the athletic
    https://theathletic.com/3166456/202...it-couldnt-ignore/?source=user_shared_article

So what does this mean for LSU? The move leaves many fans confused, since they assumed the job was ultimately set to be Brennan’s. After all, he’s the guy who was essentially sold as the future every year since 2017. Then, LSU signed Joe Burrow. Then, Brennan tore an abdominal muscle three games into his first chance to start in 2020. Then, he broke his arm in a fishing accident before 2021 training camp. He’s the loyal quarterback who just couldn’t catch a break, and then Brian Kelly convinced him to return this winter. Maybe this would finally be his chance after all that patience.

First of all, the job has not been handed to Daniels. Sources say LSU has been transparent with both Brennan, Daniels and the other quarterbacks about the decision, and it will be an open competition this spring and fall. That’s the primary sell for LSU — that it’s a no-lose addition that creates depth, flexibility and a competition that will get more out of everyone. If Brennan is good enough to beat Daniels out, all the better. If Daniels beats out Brennan, it’s theoretically evidence that LSU had a chance to get better with the move.

Also, it cannot be ignored how Brennan has missed extensive time in 2018, 2020 and 2021 due to injuries. He’s proven his talent, averaging 370 yards per game in three SEC starts. But his durability is a concern, so adding Daniels brings a level of security.

Obviously, things aren’t so simple. In a time of constant transfers — you know, like Daniels — moves like this can ruffle feathers and mess with a room and lead to guys getting upset and leaving. But Kelly is also on a mission to reset the entire LSU culture and create a culture of competition where coaches and players get better. Discomfort is the goal, to some extent.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Listening to ESPNU Radio awhile ago, and they made it seem like no one is shedding any tears at ASU over his leaving. Implications were he's not a very good locker room presence, and his mother has a habit of sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.