Jason Whitlock takes a general shot at LSU's NFL players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Reed came in 02, Evans came in 07. They just haven't had a good quarterback there since Jim Kelley. Since Reed has gotten there:

2002: Drew Bledsoe, Alex Van Pelt
    2003: Drew Bledsoe, Alex Van Pelt, Travis Brown
    2004: Drew Bledsoe , Shane Matthews, JP Losman
    2005: Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman
    2006: JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb
    2007: JP Losman, Trent Edwards
    2008: Trent Edwards, JP Losman

say what you want about Trent Edwards, i cant stand this guy. He has screwed me week in and week out in fantasy, and i pray for his demise. If its him not getting the ball to Evans, or even throwing it to him at all, its him throwing to the backs, and the TE. Edwards sucks.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Lee Evans rookie year was 2004. He is a different kind of receiver than Reed is. He does have stretch-the-field speed.

As for Clayton. He had a pretty good first week, and has hardly been thrown to since. His yards/completion is actually pretty decent, too. He has definitely been the victim of crappy QBs.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

did he really? crap you are right.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, Evans is the speed guy. Reed is the possession guy. :hihi: Reed actually bested Evans while at LSU and beat him out for the Bilitnikoff (sp?) award. Of course, Reed played in the Big 10 too, so...

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

typo!

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

David Woodley got him beat too

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Who cares? All of those guys are Saban's recruits that the NFL is losing with.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

whitlock seems intent on character assasination of lsu. jr who turned out to be a bust, tho he never had trouble here gets busted for the crap and suddenly it is lsu's fault? how about likely not because he didnt show those signs and tendencies while at lsu?

f whitlock. the ad needs to do damage control against this guy.

and thanks for the link bhelm. the article is right on target.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Jason Whitlock's credibility is in the crapper. I have known for a year or so that JaMarcus was hooked on "Drank" in Oakland (never heard a word about it before last year) but I doubt it's a team-wide epidemic or anything.

I'm sure some guys on the team are sipping it every now and then. With the proximity to Houston, where it's as prevalent a drug as say, marijuana, a ton of LSU students sip drank (I've tried it, the LSU health center used to give it away for any ailment whatsoever).

I found it to be pretty overrated: just a liquid that mixes well with Sprite and makes you sleepy, but some people d like to drink it regularly, and I'm sure some of those people play for LSU. But there's no way LSU players have a reputation for this moreso than any other school's team (i.e. Texas, Texas A&M, etc.).

Whitlock's "street theory" is a half-cooked guess based on hearsay, tailored to fit his own agenda. LOL at him calling it a street theory.

Whitlock used to be one of my favorite columnists, but he's been a bonafide hack now for about 3 years.