Jason Whitlock takes a general shot at LSU's NFL players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

No question tackle is not an easy position to learn. Only problem Dorsey is now play defensive end and learning a new position. It also didnt help that he showed up to camp in JR mode. Fat and out of shape.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

why in the hell would you move Dorsey to end? Are they running a 3-4 now or something?

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Jason Whitlock is an obese and insecure man. He also has this odd, ironic habit of calling others fat. In late June, he subbed for Jim Rome on Jim's radio program. He said, "Serena Williams is an overweight underachiever!" Less than two weeks later she hoisted her third Wimbledon singles championship trophy.

Please, don't waste your time with Jason Whitlock. It's bad for your soul. :nope:

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Yes. They are running a 3-4 now which is terrible for Dorsey. He isnt fast enough for DE. He needs to be in the middle of a 4-3. Tyson Jackson is playing opposite Dorsey.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The only ones I may agree with are JR, who IMO would be better if he were with another organization that knew how to develop QBs and Michael Clayton (what happened to him after a stellar rooking year?). Maybe Davis, but his issues have more to do with injuries than talent.

Not everyone can be a superstar. Most of these guys are more than serviceable pros who fill vital roles and their teams are happy to have them.

JW is a no talent hack with the reputation of 'going against the grain' or 'fresh perspective' when really all he does is write inflammatory columns to get noticed. Anybody can do that. I know he's not to be taken seriously, but we use the path to the NFL as a huge recruiting tool for us and I hate to see that credibility damaged by a POS blowhard who has no clue.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I guess you never heard of Bert Jones.

7. LaSalleAve

Let me just say this about Michael Clayton, he has never had a quarterback in Tampa that could get him the ball, if you aren't looked at, you won't get the ball, ask Josh Reed. Now some of this is on Clayton because he really doesn't create space, but it makes me wonder what these guys would do if they played with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or any really good quarterback.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Good point. Speed is not everything as an NFL WR. You have to run precise routes, which I believe MC was known for. He may not be a 'stretch the field' receiver, but he'd be a great possession type guy, like Josh Reed, if someone could get him the damn ball. I think the QB,or lack thereof, has ALOT to do with it.

9. LaSalleAve

no one fits that better than Jerry Rice.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the evidence against reed is that lee evans came in (the next year i think) and has done a lot better.