Jason Whitlock takes a general shot at LSU's NFL players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

uh, Y. A Tittle's got dude beat all by hisself. :dis:

2. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

there is a kernel of truth to the article, but after he researched it better he should have dropped it because it is quite a stretch.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Good point. Jamarcus actually gets playing time.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Grossman is a career 54% completion with 33 TD and 35 int's on 6164 yards in 6 seasons, with the BEARS. A perennial north contender and playoff contender. Career QB rating of 67.

Russell in a year and a half has a completion % of 51, 16 TDs to 16 int's has thrown for 3302 yards for the RAIDERS, a perennial cellar dweller. Qb Rating of 67.6.

Yeah, Grossman is a world beater, and obviously 10 times better than Russell. :dis:

1 person likes this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I thought all along Russell needed another year. Scouts were enamored with his rocket arm and basing it on his game against ND. Draft history shows, dont draft that high on potential. Thats not on LSU.

Ive always thought Landry is seriously misused in Washington. They have him virutally out of every play because he is so far back at the snap. Landry is more of an up close guy where he can use his tackling and hitting.

As for Bowe he has played very well, there isnt anything bad you can say about him. He is a potential Pro Bowler or right outside.

I wont lie, thus far Dorsey has been a HUGE disappointment. In his defense though its not like there is anyone there to help him but still being picked that hugh you have to perform better.

Overall LSU produces a ton of talent. You dont do as well in a decade unless you have talent. Also, just because you are great in college dont mean youll be great in the NFL. Definitely look at Bush, Leinart, Williams, and most of their WRs, etc from USC can all be called bust as well. You can also look at many stars from numerous other schools like OSU and most players dont become big NFL stars. Its more rare a big time prospect becomes the megastar they projected to be.

7. LaSalleAve

1 word, Chiefs. Nuff said.

8. Tiger Raz

Tiger Raz Freshman

Kind of stupid; I can make that observation form at least 50% of all players coming from any school. I think Russell was thrown to the wolves. He needed to be a backup for a few years before playing and I doubt the Raiders are good about teaching/grooming QBs.

I noticed he left out a few outstanding Tigers that are in the NFL.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Thats fine and dandy but unfortunately the Chiefs are not the cause of Dorsey's problems. He has really bad technique that's been exposed in the NFL. In college he could just blow people over. In the NFL his foot work and high body position makes him an easy block for NFL lineman. They are trying to coach out his bad habits and supposedly making progress. Time will tell but for now Dorsey is a pretty big disappointment.

10. LaSalleAve

Point taken, but here is one back, how many defensive tackles do you know of that have dominated as rookies, or 2nd year players? I cant think of any. Defensive Tackle is a position that on the NFL level you have to learn, which takes a while, because most of the time, you are going against older veteran offensive linemen. Dorsey was a run stuffer, he didn't pressure the qb that much at LSU. Give it time and watch.