~Jason Peters has committed to play football at LSU~

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lprimo, Jan 28, 2007.

1. gmoz33

gmoz33 Founding Member

If you are going to quote DandyDon word for word, at least give him the credit. :dis:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I just got back from school and I talked to a student assistant D-Line coach.

He meet all the players who came for the visit this weekend. Overall the team is really confident that JM, Chad Jones, and Tolliver where going to be Tigers. He said they were locks in his opinion.

He said Chad Jones gave the impression that he would only sign in the MLB if he gets picked in the 1st round or the second if he gets 1st round $. He told me that a the new rule for the MLB draft is that players picked in 3rd round or after are not allowed to recieve 1st round $. (new to me)

He also said it looks really good that Sidell signs with LSU but not as confident as the others.

He didnt meet or hear anything about Francois.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Sounds good!!!!

4. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

:thumb:I hope he's right!:geauxtige

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

7. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

well it's just the fact that we have so many DL prospects already, that have committed early, and one big one we are hoping on. So for him to wait this long, is why it happened the way it did. I hope the best for him at GA Tech.

8. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

In recruiting news, Catholic High defensive end Jason Peters got tired of waiting on LSU's decision to offer him a regular scholarship or a grey shirt and committed to GA Tech Monday afternoon.

It is my guess that Les Miles feels very good about his chances of signing defensive end Slidell Corey (6'4", 260) from Mobile McGill high school and that is why a full scholarship was not offered to Peters.

http://www.dandydon.com/

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I think this situation was mishandled by our coaching staff. We obviously didn't consider him to be on the level of other prospects that we were recruiting. In that case, why drag the kid around?

All things considered, nobody can complain much about CLM and staff's recruiting efforts thus far.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think so. Peters stated that he had committed to LSU before the weekend and knew he had a scholarship either in June or January. But he decided to get started right away at GT, and decommitted.

LSU may not sign the five players that they are holding scholarships for and Peters would have gotten his scholarship in June anyway. I don't know how the coaches could play it any better. Until Davis was droppped, they didn't really have a spot at all for Peters.

What I wonder about is Les signing too many 3-stars early, leaving him having to cut loose 4-star players late. Maybe they should be more picky on the early commits and save the grayshirt offers for a 3-star who is more likely to wait another semester to play at LSU than a 4-star, who almost always has other offers from big schools.