January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So sports 4 more proud boys have been convicted of sedition for their role in January 6. Sedition it trying to overthrow the government by violence.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/sedition

Sedition is language intended to incite insurrection against the governing authority. Edward Jenks, in The Book of English Law, contends that sedition is “perhaps the very vaguest of all offences,”

if i decided to overthrow the govt and i got up and really meant to do it , but then i gave up and went to take a nap, would that be seditious? i really was gonna do it, but it never happened.

the question here i am asking is it relevant at all the extent to which the overthrow had a chance to work?

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Furthermore, they were acting against the wishes of Trump to peacefully protest. It's obviously a pathetic attempt to somehow blame him for the actions of others.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its worrisome that politics is infecting the justice system.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Why don’t you tell the justice department and judge? Obviously they need you to tell them what the law is.
    I’m sure that will comfort those convicted and serving in prison.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Same justice department that selectively enforces the law? Lol, you still don't think they are corrupt do you?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its worrisome that politics is infecting the justice system

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Man you love you some government.

However, as clueless as you remind us to be; it was the JURY that convicted them because they have brain activity similar to yours.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

10. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

You mean something like
    • “And we fight. We fight like hell And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
    That was just one part of Trumps extremely calming speech on Jan 6. He had some others, like
    • “All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they’re doing … We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.”
    • “Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about … We will stop the steal.”
    • “Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong.”