January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There certainly were some trumpians among the police, but thankfully most upheld their sworn duties. Deaths ensued.

If you believe that Portland, Oregon, is the seat of our government, I guess, or that the rabble believed overthrowing that particular building might cause our government to crumble. As far as I know those rioters in Portland weren't calling for Mike Pence to be hanged or Nancy Pelosi to be shot for certifying a democratic election.
    Why? We already know what happened. There are no secret memos among organizers, no coup memos from the lawyers of high ranking officials, no Congress people involved in preplanning and coordinating, no designated "Command Central".

Winston1 and rockwallfan like this.
  2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Good job, Rex. Elected conservatives are too worried about being re-elected to be good Americans. They back the military until the most decorated (Powell, Mattis, McRaven Kelly) speak of what a POC 45 is. Some even worked for 45, so they know first hand. They back the blue until it comes to 45 too. Disturbing.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Your definition says "an authority or government." Not just "the seat of government." I don't know if they were calling for Pence or Pelosi's deaths, but they certainly were calling for Trump's. Guess the president doesn't count in this scenario if you really, really hate him.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There is no point MC. They start from a falsehood and have no interest in showing the ability to have a coherent thought on anything related to Trump. Best to save your time...

These people are delusional.

fanatic likes this.
  5. mctiger

From the party that thinks showing your ID to prove citizenship at the polls is "racist" but wants to give illegal aliens the vote.

From the party that wants to "defund the police."

fanatic likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As much as it pains me to agre with @Rex which is probably as much as it pains him he’s right about January 6. The stated intent was to stop the certification of electoral college totals giving congress the position to change the election result. Note that if the election is thrown to congress then each state gets one vote. The Republicans controlled 26 state delegations enough to make Trump president.
    That the result didn’t go as hoped doesn’t change the fact it was insurrection. That the advocates pushing it were stark raving mad doesn’t change it. That there were some capital police who were traitors too doesn’t change it. That there were many dupes just along for the ride doesn’t change it. Even if the unrest in Portland was an insurrection (it wasn’t as @rockwallfan poibts out) that doesn’t change that January 6 was an insurrection lead by the loser in chief.

rockwallfan likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You looking in a mirror sport????

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Where has the Democratic Party ever said that illegal aliens should have the right to vote?

Where has the Democratic Party ever said that police should be defunded? Not some outlier, but the Party.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Winston, you are probably the only person I would bother to respond to in some regard, however, there was nothing remotely close to Jan 6th being an insurrection. Even the FBI admitted as much even when they had field ops in the "mob" trying to get them going.

You want to have a honest discussion about Trump? I am all for it, but you lack the necessary reasoning to do so.

10. mctiger

Then why have exactly zero people been charged with insurrection or treason? There were over 500 arrests if I'm not mistaken

fanatic likes this.