January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

do you think firing squad is appropriate for trump if he did what you think, meaning tried to overthrow democracy? isnt that treasonous and he deserves 10 bullets to the chest and brain?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No there are specific sentences for crimes and if he is convicted the law will determine the sentence. Personal animus has no place in justice

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i know thats why i am asking you if he deserves the bullet in the skull for treason. why wont you answer.
    nobody said it did. i am asking you a specific question not about your animus, but about your belief about what he did, lemme try again:

do you think firing squad is appropriate for trump if he did what you think, meaning tried to overthrow democracy? isnt that treasonous and he deserves 10 bullets to the chest and brain?

do you understand? what part dont you get? he did try to overthrow our country didnt he? that is treasonous isnt it? death penalty is appropriate for treason right?

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Anybody who thinks the country was going to be overthrown on Jan 6th has to be the stupidest fool here at TF. OR knows that's not the case but holds so much misplaced hate for Trump that he thinks he can actually make us believe that.

Let's see who here would fit that description? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

trump thought so. He even had a plan for it.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

do you think trump deserved a bullet to the brain? @Winston1 seems afraid to answer. but clearly treason is death penalty crime.

perhaps hillary needs the firing squad as well for inventing the russian collusion lie and trying to have trump impeached over that, which would have overthrown the elected leader on a false premise. also treason. really is there any leader that doesnt deserve the firing squad for anything other than compliments for his opponents?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i expose the foolishness of this lie by asking the the chances we lost our country that day ant that illustrates the fact that there are in fact degrees of likelihood of overthow, and that it matters if only one person want to overthrow the govt, or 300 million. becasue if we concede that, and we must, then we must grant it more seriousness if the attempt is likely to succeed, and then have a realistic appraisal of a few trumpsters overthrowing the most powerful institution in the history of humankind, the US govt. or really even if that was their intent.

its a symptom of very poor ability to think critically about media, to hate trump and believe their lies about him.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Is a bullet to the brain a valid sentence for treason or obstruction of justice or any other crime Trump might be tried for. I’m not an attorney and don’t know the law. What I think is meaningless as it applies to punishment. I think that if convicted he should be sentenced in accord with the law.
    Now to be honest I oppose capital punishment….not because I care for the criminal but because of many reasons. First it’s an easy way out for someone convicted of a really heinous crime. They should face a lifetime of paying for the crime. Second death sentences take so long to carry out due to the appellate process there’s no longer any value as a deterrence.
    Personally I think a much more punitive sentence for Trump if he’s convicted it to spend years in a super max prison thinking about what he’ll have lost by his actions.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

of course. US code title 18 says so. death for treason.

what you think is delightful. is it your belief that trump committed treason? given your knowledge of the events that occurred?

what part of trying to overthrow our country is according to you not treason? do you even know what insurrection is?

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so the insurrectionists, they committed treason, correct? they literally tried to overthrow the government, this is what you have alleged many times, is it not? these domestic terrorists became enemies of our country and attempted to overthrow our country and rob it of the democratic process and install a new government, did they not?