January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

????

I've never said that.

Have I mentioned that you're boring?

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ok fine you changed your mind and are staying who cares. i think you just lose your temper sometimes because of racial hate. no big deal the lefties always do that

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You are such a child.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so you think making everything eventually boil down to calling the other guy racist is childish. noted.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So he went to court to ask and when told he couldn’t stopped. There’s a difference in going to court and following the ruling and planning to use false documents (fraud) and illegal actions in the counting of electoral votes and finally inciting the riot/insurrection.
    What Gore did was politically wrong and against precedent but not illegal. The actions Trump initiated and condoned were illegal and destructive to the country.

rockwallfan likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well i guess it is a matter of time until the walls close in on him. this time they will get him for sure

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is not true, bush took him to court. he didnt take shit to court he kept trying to steal the election and the court stopped him

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No he sued in state court which was a democrat stronghold. Bush took him to federal court and the SCOTUS. Point is he stopped when the court told him. Also he did nothing illegal unless you think suing to get the result changed. If so Trump broke the law over 61 times.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see. why hasnt trump been charged? and why did the judge's screed you posted just say it was "likely" trump broke the law. is he not an expert on the law, he cant tell? do you know more than he does?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You’ll have to ask Merrick Garland as he’s the Attorney General. Also the judge wasn’t trying trump so couldn’t say it any more explicitly. In fact it’s pretty startling he said what he did. The judge must feel strongly that he’s right.
    As to why he hasn’t ben charged, I can speculate on a couple of reasons. First and most important is that it is a political nightmare to indict a former president or even a failed candidate like HRC. Rather than being a strictly legal case about facts and the law it becomes a political football. It is important that prosecution for crimes doesn’t seem like or become persecution for political reasons.
    Second but allied to that is the DOJ will need to build its own case. If you’ve read today’s news it’s reported that the January 6 committee has evidence to charge him with at least two specific crimes. They can’t because the legislature doesn’t have the power. They are also reluctant because of the political risk.
    You can be sure that if they charge him the evidence will be crystal clear and voluminous.....overwhelming.