January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

am i not free to assume bad motives on your part as we assume bad motives on trumps part?

trump agrees with bernie, he is an american workers first guy. i dont agree with him, but i wont pretend to read his mind and call him a racist or whatever. its just policy. trump and bernie want to limit the number of foreigners taking jobs from americans. why not criticize that policy without inventing the motivation for it?

Frogleg likes this.
  2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I don't need to invent anything. Trump's own lawyer says it is true. Do you think all of the people that worked for Trump are lying about what they saw and heard during their tenure?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michae...y-of-the-same-crimes-that-sent-him-to-prison/

3. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Frogleg likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

is it just his crooked lawyer, or is it "all of the people that worked for trump"?

the whole point is that you shouldnt care. its about policy. you seem to be desperate to redirect everything to how trump is a bad mean racist ( you and half the population, with trump derangement syndrome). you need to stop being so selfish and start caring about people instead of your silly hangups. care about policy outcomes.

its just not relevant if trump is racist. and, given that there are basicaly two parties now, the republicans, and the "trump and his voters are racist" party, i think we need to grow up and stop thinking this way. we need to get past calling everyone we disagree with not only a person with bad policy, but a bad person morally, a racist, a deplorable. policy is the issue.

for all i know bernie and AOC are delightful folks that would be the sort of loyal friend you can count on to come jump start your car in the middle of the night. but both of them, given sufficient power, would maybe destroy our country. they dont seem to have any sort of limiting principle when it comes to the size of govt.

we need to be sophisticated enough to stop caring about real and imagined personal foibles, and care about policy that actually helps people. its childish to see things in this dumb good guy bad guy way. everyone wants to think of themselves as the good guy. even the muslim terrorist is the good guy in his own mind, and a moral person by the standards of his community. so what?

every policy can be imagined to be motivated by noble or evil intentions. the communist says the capitalist is a selfish jerk. does it matter if he is right, if capitalism creates a higher standard of living for anyone? or should we say no, lets be communist, its founded on principles of selflessness and community.

ignore your perceptions about who is a good guy and a bad guy. care about policy. your intuitions about who is good and bad are probably wrong anyway.

Frogleg likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You continue to spew this bullshit and can't back it up, you have nothing! Not a single shred of evidence, if you did those power drunk democrats would have had the same and they would have tried to hang him with it. Instead they had two great big nothing burgers. You are a fool for allowing yourself to believe that madcow fella, you should know better.

Buzz69 likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

an example of a president ignoring law and procedure is biden and the rent issue. he knows its unconstitutional for the CDC to fuck landlords and not allow them the rent for their private property, but biden doesnt care it is unconstitutional.

so there is your example of subverting the constitution, destroying peoples private property rights

shane0911, Frogleg and kcal like this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You’re absolutely correct and the difference between us is I have always called out both democrats and republicans for those actions. I haven’t changed since I joined this forum. If we don’t hold our leaders no matter what party to the same standards then you have none.

kluke and seabrookcajun like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not really bro. You went on and on...
    These were the 1st few post you made in this thread. You didn't operate from reality from the get geaux.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

my point is the presumed better character of biden relative to trump didnt help, he still did the things you guys accuse trump of doing

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I never said or intimated Biden had good character. In fact he’s always shown to be of poor character. I do remember he plagiarized a speech and lied often. I never supported Biden nor did I vote for him. If you look I started the threads in this forum that are critical of him and his actions.

Yes I understand there was essentially a binary choice in the election. All that means is there was NO choice that didn’t lead the country further down the path away from the limited representative government that provided the fertile ground for our country to thrive.