January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Opposing Hitler is not character, it's policy? Really? So you would not oppose Hitler for killing 6M Jews? After all, that "policy" would have to be set by some sort of character. Otherwise, why have a policy to start a war against Hitler?

kluke and Winston1 like this.
  2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

That is why our government is in the state that it is. We should expect more from our leaders.

kluke and Winston1 like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Buzz it’s been all over the place. Unless you only watch Fox, OAN or the like there’s a long list easily found. Most are court rulings that have stopped his excesses. BTW the same court that stopped many of Obama’s and is stopping Biden’s.
    Finally he wasn’t able to be re-elected or “stop the steal”.

seabrookcajun likes this.
  4. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

I'm not surprised. So much for citing specific examples. And for the record, I don't watch any news.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If that had been the case in 1789 or 1861 or many other times the United States as we know it wouldn’t exist. Everyone is flawed in some way. However it’s those who can see and do the right things at critical times.
    Finally having good character isn’t the only requirement. W has tremendous character but unfortunately not the best judgment. I’d still rather him as President than any of his successors.
    Character if the foundation. Who can’t have real strength if your foundation is weak.

seabrookcajun likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There you go! You admit you know nothing so how can you judge anything?

7. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

It's obvious you flunked Mind Reading 101 & Reading Comprehension 101. iconrotflmao.gif I said I didn't WATCH any news. Ever heard of READING the news?

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

And what news do you read.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We should, but unfortunately we don't. And what's worse, our only options must choose to run. There's a great line in the book, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is Monty Python-type humor, but this line has become a political truism: Those who most want to govern are by definition the least qualified to do so. And the reverse tends to be true; those who are best qualified to govern are too smart to want to take on the burden. So where does that leave us? Exactly where I stated, which is to choose the candidate with the best policy. We are in the sorry state we are in today because people voted against the guy who's policies were far better for America, but (gasp!) he was mean on social media.

shane0911, Frogleg and Jmg like this.
  10. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Use your SUPERB mind reading skills. IconLOL.gif