January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nope. ceremonies are just symbolic and dont have shit to do with dick. singing the national anthem is gay and i never do it, because fuck that shit my grandpa didnt fight the nazis so i have to sing a gay tune for faggots.

can you show me any evidence these ceremonies strengthen the events involved? do you think, for example an elaborate wedding means a good marriage? do you think that because i never attended my high school or college graduations that i learned any less?

is biden less of a president now for viking hat being near the electoral college votes?

where are you getting this idea that these ceremonies and displays and enthusiasm for general faggotry are key to the legitimacy of the actual operations they commemorate?

if 3 people shit on the flagpole, thats called freedom, baby. the country that allows that is the freest and best country. the country where flagpole shitting is most heavily punished is the most fascist.

its not about ceremonies and events and commenmorations and sucking each others cocks over the precious flag. its about a government having the exclusive right to legitimate violence. and our govts mechanisms for that were never threatened. therefore, no big deal.

like i said before, they can nuke the capitol and piss on every person who ever thought the USA is cool, and it doesnt matter. these symbols and events and are purely fluff and by definition symbolic. they dont matter.

as far as your point about the NFL, you are just searching for hypocrites again. who cares.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well this tells me all I need to know about why you think 1/6 was a non event. Even if they tore down the capitol brick by brick you think it doesn't matter. I'll assume when you said nuking the capitol wouldn't matter it was hyperbole. Even though you and @LSUpride123 warned me about assumptions I'll assume your not that stupid - but all things considered with your comments above, confirmation would be better.

You don't know shit about how and why this country works. Without that ceremony you so enthusiastically disdain, where congress certifies the election, Biden isn't legitimately president. He can't be sworn in until the election is certified by the people's representatives. Even the horned stooge knows that. November 2 allows Jan 6th to take place, which allows the actual swearing in to take place and then we have a president. Where do you think a President gets the authority to execute the legitimate violence you refer to? Or to sign bills and make the policy you love?

Why do you think some of the wacho's in Trump's circle wanted so badly to interrupt the certification? Just to fuck with a ceremony? You can't be that stupid. If it wasn't about power and money those guys wouldn't waste time thinking about it. NOTE to Trumpers - Step back from the keyboard, I didn't say Trump was one of the wacho's trying to deliberately interrupt the certification.

Damn jmg, If more people believed the stuff you just posted, we wouldn't have a country

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I stand corrected.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

it wouldnt matter in terms of losing our democracy. at all. it would cost a relatively small amount of money to fix. so what. the power is not imbued in buildings or documents. its not a physical thing or event or place.

so its not merely symbolic? you confused me with all your talk of shitting on flags. do you think it is literally shitting on america like when we munch on literal christ at communion?

your contention before is that there was no chance to actually overthrow the country, was it not? now you believe that these fellas could literally overthrow the country by obstructing business at some offices?

this is poli sci 101, bud. he gets his legitimacy from the consent of the governed.

"In political science, legitimacy usually is understood as the popular acceptance and recognition by the public of the authority of a governing régime, whereby authority has political power through consent and mutual understandings, not coercion"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimacy_(political)

he gets it from the will of the people, not some ceremonies. we dont imbue him with some force of magic at the ceremony. its not like we give him the sword of excalibur or the hammer of thor or some shit and now he rules. the ceremony is by definition, purely ceremonial. that means its not where actual power lies. again, like a graduation, its just a dance for show, it doesnt do anything.

because they are idiots. the goal they had, could not have been accomplished. you said that before. you seem to be making two points that oppose each other. that they could not overthrow the govt, but they actually can because the ceremony is the actual important bit. disrupting the ceremony does nothing. nothing.

power doesnt come from ceremony. it comes from the will of the people. if we elect a president, and he misspeaks and stumbles over the oath such that he says he doesnt swear to whatever, that doesnt mean he cant be president. when this actually happened, and the chief justice, fucked up and said the wrong words, they did in fact re-do it later. that doesnt mean that we had no president at all in between swearing-ins. its not about the ceremony. power doesnt reside in ceremony. power resides in the will of the people.

if putin stormed in, stole the bible from the chief justice at swearing in, and said the presidential oath himself, he would not then have authority over the military. his power would not be legit. the generals would ignore him. because they are not fucking retards and they know the power isnt based in the actual ceremonies.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

not hyperbole. we could do the work of govt over skype. we could move the national capitol to anchorage and do stuff in an igloo if we wanted. its not a video game where you capture the citadel and turn the world green. i have explained this many times.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

whats wrong @kluke, forgot your amazing debate club skills?

dont want to defend your vague and unprovable claim that while the "insurrection" had no chance to succeed, it still did a great deal of damage to our country via some nonsense claim about ceremony?

i was told you are a debate club ace that can beat not one, but too people at once!

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

@winston, if the jan 6 riot had been just one person instead of 400 or whatever, would you agree that they would have less chance of success in overthrowing the country?

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As the information, details and facts continue to be brought forth, you respond by trying to put more straw man arguments. Sticking your head in the sand Martin won’t change the facts.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It could have been 40k and still have as much of a chance as the guy with the viking hat

0.0%

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am clearly tryin to establish how your claims work. you have made a claim, that we almost lost our democracy. i am trying to understand the machinations of that process. specifically, the extent to which the strongarming of capitol cops and ohysical intrustion in to the capitol are part of, or essential to, that outcome.

you posted here a plan by republicans, specifics of what to say to who, how pence does whatever, how it goes back to states for recount. none of that plan involved armed or unarmed manipulation of politicians at the capitol.

are we to view the insurrection as risky because of the physical takeover of the govt, or through procedural change via courts and shit? or is it both, they use the govt levers and constitutional tools, with the aid of viking hat?

again, you are the one making the claim that we almost lost our democracy. i am merely asking for clarification of how that happens, how the worlds most powerful can be overthrown.