James Franklin lied about the Vanderbilt rape case video

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He's a top candidate for many to take over at USC or LSU openings.

https://www.si.com/college/2014/10/...erbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video?jwsource=cl

https://www.si.com/college/2014/10/08/james-franklin-vanderbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

One of the “in-the-knows” on TOS says Bill O’Brien and Fickell are the top choices. They also like Petersen, but don’t think he will want the job.

Brian likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Fickell over O'brien for me. Both will need some heavily connected Louisiana assistants. O'brien is very foul mouthed and may not do well with parents of recruits but I like his college and pro background. Fickell seems like a great up and coming big time college coach and a solid guy.

tzanghi likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Aranda would be a good candidate, but how do you convince him to come back? Won't be Brady...there are college coaches and there are NFL coaches. He's a pro coach. jmo
    I mentioned O'Brien in another thread and there were immediate neg comments on him from members who saw him at work in Houston. I really don't follow the coaching carousel, but that's good enough for me. Fickell looks good, but would he come here for the long haul?

Brian likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Um, Obrien was an NFL coach. Just sayin...

My opionion is NFL retreads rarely have NC level success.

7. mctiger

Some do try to transition, usually doesn't go well. A certain dwarf in Tuscaloosa comes to mind, and Urban isn't off to a great start either. Lou Holtz blazed Saban's trail, successful college coach who crashed and burned when he tried to make the jump, then went back to college and reclaimed the glory. I remember seeing an interview with one of Holtz's assistants with the Jets. He walked by Lou's office one morning and granny called him in for an opinion......on the team fight song he was trying to write. Head coach. He was out of his element.

Brian, tzanghi and furduknfish like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yep would have worry about Frickell and Ohio State kinda like Miles and Michigan. Out of the 3 Aranda would be a safer choice but not a splash hire. I would worry about recruiting. If he could bring in good assistants who can recruit it might work. Brady would satisfy the masses here in Louisiana. Maybe enough money to keep him in the college ranks. Whatever happen we better get this right if we fire O.

9. mctiger

I trust Woodward on that score. He'll get the right guy.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Betting it's Aranda or Fickell. If not hope it's a can't miss hire if there really is such a thing other than Saban maybe.