JaMarcus Arrested for Codeine Syrup

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I think it's safe to assume that JaMarcus Russell is, in fact, the biggest bust ever in the history of the NFL.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have personally seen what it does to knuckle heads. Espeically in large quantities. Not good and one of the main symptoms after extended us is lethargy. Bingo...

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

When I heard about this, this song immediately came to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWKGXpl9E0

I wish I could edit video, b/c I would edit a video of all of his highlights (lowlights) to this song. I bet it would get alot of hits on YouTube.

Ironically, Pimp C (one of the rappers in that song),allegedly died of an overdose of codeine syrup.

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

JaMarcus arrested in Mobile

Sad, and embarrassing. :rolleye33:

At least he's a "Former Oakland Raiders" QB...

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/07/jamarcus_russell_arrested.html

[​IMG]

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

count me as being in the surprised camp....

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Maybe he had a cough. :dis:

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Sad to watch so much talent go to waste. I know it was said earlier, but that's what comes to my mind. :dis:

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

:huh:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Any reason this thread was moved and stashed away in the Pro Sports forum where so few will see it?

It can't always just be good news about LSU athletics.

10. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

What? Nobody's going to blame the Raiders for this as well?

Actually, there have been some high profile cases where people OD'd and died from using it.

And, JR's arrest shouldn't surprise anybody. For awhile, there's been two persistent, unverified rumors about JR. The first one, now proven, was that JR was a heavy user of purple drank, whose main ingredient is cough syrup. There had been speculation that JR's purple drank addiction, along with other reasons, were why he was such a bust.

Now that the Raiders are going after JR's signing bonus in court, expect to hear some more ugly stuff about JR. Ryan Leaf's problem was that his worst moments were captured on tape, whereas the Raiders hid JR's worst moments. Until the Raiders released him, the Raiders kept a tight lid on JR's bad behavior- they would deny it or never report it. People inside the organization were afraid to come out and talk about it because they understood they would get punished for doing so- Lane Kiffin was fired in large part because he was critical of JR.

It wasn't till it was clear that the Raiders were going to get rid of him that we started to get people to come out of the woodwork to talk about Russell. Then, we started to hear he would fall asleep in meetings and practice, and he wouldn't bring home his notebook to study. As a former JR and Peyton Manning teammate compared the two, Manning's brand new notebook looked like it was 20 years old because of all the work Manning put into it.

Finally, as the second rumor goes, the Raiders coaches were so frustrated with JR at practice and in meetings that they gave JR a game tape to study at home to catch. Afterwords, when they asked him what he learned from it, JR responded a lot. That's when the Raiders finally benched him because that tape was blank...