Jamal Adams calls out the fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

The first thing that caught my eye was "LSU fans show no loyalty". That ticked me off a little. I consider myself a loyal fan. Why would Jamal call us out like that! When I read further and caught the full spirit and intent of the message it changed my mind completely.

Seek first to understand ...

Adams is right on target. His heart is in the right place and he is showing his love of LSU by calling out what is supposed to be a die hard fan base. The fact is that we have two reputations. One describes a passionate group of fans who love Purple and live Gold. The other describes something that is more flash and color but less substance. The difference between the hen and the pig on the plate of eggs and bacon is simple: the hen was involved, the pig was committed. Old saying but a lot of truth lies in that breakfast ...

As fans we want our players to be committed to their sport, to give absolutely everything on the field of play and win games for us to enjoy. When they fail to perform to our expectations we hurl boos or we pick up our stuff and head for the exits. After all it's just a couple of eggs ... I'm not saying we are good or bad fans for doing that. It just makes us normal. It makes us common fans. But it can, and should, be different. We should expect more of each ourselves.

To be different you have to commit. You have to commit to the support of your Tigers on both ends of the equation. It's easy to jump on board when things are well. It's when the going gets tough that the love and support of fans becomes so much more important. As you read through Jamal's posts you see more of what should be. He makes a great point. "LSU has been known for having such prideful and loyal fans, and I hate to see people ruining that image. The game's not over until it ends."

I have often said that if you wanted to see the truly proper way to be fan, attend an LSU Baseball game or two. Each time, win or lose, the fan base is there. Countless times I have sat in the stands when the team was behind, not playing at their best and watched as the swell of chants and support energized and lifted the Tigers. I have also watched as the fans, in true acts of class, cheered and appreciated the great performance of the opponent. I have talked to people who were at Omaha and added LSU to their teams of choice because of the way the fans approached the game. Even when things don't go our way. If it can happen at Alex Box then it can happen at the Maravich and it can happen in Tiger Stadium.

We ask our players to give their all and to never give up. We are a family. We are one LSU. Isn't it fair and right that our players expect the same of us?

http://theadvocate.com/news/11762737-123/lsu-safety-jamal-adams-sounds

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We gave up 45 points the 2nd half. We were down double digits most if not all of the last 10 minutes. At the time I saw a lot of people leaving we were down 15 with about 2 minutes left. The Fat Lady had sung.

3. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I get it. It happens every day around the sporting world. It's your ticket. Do what you want with the money you spent.
    But it still boils down to supporting your team until the end. If no other time then why not on Senior Night?
    A true fan's loyalty and support should not be defined by scores, records or time left on the clock. I'm just saying that it would be nice to have a fan base that stuck it out win or lose. After all the players have to stay until the final buzzer. Can't we devote 15 more minutes of our lives to the cause? That's 0.15% of the available time in your week. You'll spend more time mindlessly flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch.

In my opinion, supporting your Tigers until the end is a much more valuable endeavor.

col reb, TigerTap, LSU John and 2 others like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

When attending an LSU game, Football, Baseball, Men's or Women's Basketball, Gymnastics, etc. I stay till the end. Always have, always will.

But then again, I don't have a life.

$TigerFan$, TigerTap, Richdog and 4 others like this.
  5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I'm glad I stayed till the end in Commonwealth Stadium in '02...had several friends outside headed for the cooler. We who stayed got to rub it in all night!

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU fans are notorious for leaving early.

Richdog and LSUDad like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's part of your gig as the Les. Miles minister of propaganda.

LSUpride123 and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know, don't you just hate that?

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No

furduknfish and LSUDad like this.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think Adams is on target as well. Forget the game last night. In general I have seen a know-it-all, hot head, and spoiled attitude increasing over the last 10 years of so.