Jacob Hester is a Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfanintampa, Dec 28, 2003.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

2 stars ... my, oh, my!

The kid has a motor that won't stop.

He's a Teddy Kruger (Lehman) clone ... that's why OU wanted him ... OU eat your heart's out.

Gents, you're also looking at a Linebacker or DE ... big, with 4.5 speed. He's too skilled to pass up. I wished LSU could sign 30 this year. Real Shame.

And ... more importantly ... it was delivered on Dandydon's doorstep on the exact day I predicted on X-mas day ...

no applause ... just throw dollar bills ... while I shake my moneymaker

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Changed to LSU because he felt Mack Brown was not treating him like he wanted to be treated and because Brown continued to recruit Adrian Peterson. Attitude?

3. winntiger

winntiger Founding Member

He will probably turn out like all other evangel players- a bust. They are all hyped out of high school and bust in the college ranks. Hope he doesn't, but don't see him any better. The only reason he is being looked at by the other schools is because of the evangel media machine. I heard Texas backed off him. Mack was wanting to pull the offer!!

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Did anyone doubt the Evangel haters would come out of the woodwork?? Hester no longer plays for Evangel; he is now an LSU Tiger - or soon will be. And of course, Saban is stupid and gullible and offered Hester based on misinformation and hype from the corrupt and high-powered Evangel media machine. Guess Mack is smarter than Nick since he wanted to pull the scholly anyway.

Get over the Evangel obsession. Any kid that suits up in an LSU uniform and gives 100% to the coaches, team and university has my support. And any so-called LSU fan that can't overlook the fact that a kid played at a high school they may not like is no fan. Frankly, I'm tired of the anti-Evangel mantra repeated ad nauseum in LSU fora. I have no connection to Evangel and have only been to two Evangel football games since the school started but jeez, they are only a freakin high school team. Get over it.

I say welcome to Jacob Hester and I wish him much success - which, for you Evangel haters, translates to success for the Tigers!!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Quote "Did anyone doubt the Evangel haters would come out of the woodwork?? Hester no longer plays for Evangel; he is now an LSU Tiger - or soon will be." Thanks for posting that Diehard, I live in Atlanta and have been a long time Tigah and also have no connections to Evangel as I don't even know if it was school when I moved here. The EC bashers just don't want to leave it alone. They're just like the haters that use to think about the New Orleans recruits the same way till Saban unlocked the door of that market place for us and it is paying big dividends now. We use to lose 95% of the best athlete's out of there but now we have Greene, Hill, etc and we are the favorites for Favorite, we ot the Curtis and OPW boys last year. Thank God Saban is not as close minded as some of these other guys.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

So you are saying that Saban can't evaluate talent and is only offering him a scholly b/c of the Evangel media machine???

You don't give Saban much credit...

7. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Tiger Wins?

Tiger Wins,,,,get a grip...he was just making a smart ass comment,,,,,,,,,,can't you read between the lines.

I'm with you guys on this. We finally start getting Evangel players back, and the haters return. Why can't we just support all Louisiana schools?

8. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

I saw the 5A Championship Game and Hester does not look like a FB or a LB. He looks like a SS. He doesn't even look like he's 230, he looks more like 210.

9. winntiger

jacod hester

I do not consider myself an evangel hater. I just don't think their players are as good as everybody thinks. There are a lot of talented players from other schools who do not get looked at because of the size and stature of the school. I do believe that some of the previous evangel players that went out of state and busted would of prospered at LSU. The Pittman brothers, I believe would of fit in nicely on the defensive line and both would of probably been playing. :dis:

10. winntiger

evaluate talent

Saban does have the final say on who is offered, but his assistant coaches do all the preliminary work. They also recommend the prospects. Some deserving kids never get past the front door. Saban never hears about them. All in all, the coaches have done a good job on thier kids. This is not to say anything bad, but some do get overlooked and some are bust too. It is not a perfect world.