It's time for a mobile phone upgrade

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 12, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The S7 battery life is the best I have had for any phone I have owned. I wouldn't have use for a removable battery on this one compared to older models of the galaxy. The camera is sick too.

However, the sales guys assume they are waterproof which isn't the case. They are water resistant.

KyleK likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All phones hang up sometimes. Sometimes the last resot is to remove the battery and put it back in just to restart your phone. Phone I had until a few months ago was an HTC One and I hated that you couldn't remove the battery.

tirk likes this.
  3. bhelmLSU

Haven't had that issue with either the s7 or s6. They do have hard reset procedures though that accomplish this.

KyleK likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

@bhelmLSU , how do I get my mic back (that I'm usednto from my HTC) on my keypad that I use to text?

5. bhelmLSU

Go to PlayStore and download any keyboard app you want (Search Keyboard). I use Google Keyboard but there are plenty of great ones.

Most of these apps should show you step by step how to set this keyboard as default on your phone.

It is in the Language and Input Settings. Change this setting after downloading and installing the keyboard if there isn't an in app guide on how to change these settings.

KyleK likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

The PlayStore may even have the HTC keyboard you are used to. Maybe try searching HTC Keyboard 1st.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have heard those commercials for Next Radio with Eric Estrada talking about an app that lets you listen to FM radio over the air? I downloaded it on my old Samsung Galaxy and when I opened it it said "Next Radio won't work on your device." When I got the HTC One it had a bloatware app that let me listen to live FM radio. I don't know it if was Next or not but it came in handy a few times when I wanted to listen to some LSU sporting event that LSU doesn't allow to be streamed. I just downloaded to my new Samsung Galaxy and I got the same message. It won't work on my device

9. bhelmLSU

Which Galaxy do you have? Here is a list with device and what networks allow access for each device.

http://nextradioapp.com/supported-devices/

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's a Galaxy Core. I got to where I hated the HTC so much and then I saw the Samsung on Walmart's website for a good price. I wasn't thinking about Next Radio when I bought it.