It's official. Orgeron gone at the end of the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Oct 17, 2021.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

All true. I don’t mean to suggest that moving on from O is a bad move. But I do think this whole narrative that the players actively disliked playing for him is total BS. He’s clearly been underperforming, but I don’t think that’s it.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I don't necessarily believe it either, simply because of the number of players who came back, commits he landed after that and especially the way they played last Saturday (I feel like most knew he was gone) and even more so last year and how they finished. The way this team plays when the pressure is on vs. how they play without pressure is night and day.

I think it was more that Coach O was focused on other things outside of football and the players prioritized similarly. They too were not as focused, there were a lot of players frustrated with the lack of organization and coaching turnover, probably some broken promises and sour attitudes as well. Being a great recruiter is a problem as much as its a blessing. Once you get these kids here, you have to almost de-recruit them as individuals and make sure they understand that nothing they did in HS to earn those stars next to their name matters anymore. Its about the work you put in here and now. I believe some players truly were playing for themselves, and had their minds elsewhere as well. I am sure some players felt slighted. Trust me, Bama has the same problem.

I also believe Coach O didn't handle the pressure well and he reverted back to what failed him at Ole Miss. He micro-managed, he meddled, he overworked his staff and players, he had less patience with the team and ultimately he lost control. I don't believe there was one single incident (like the whole march/protest in 2020). I just think that when times were getting tough, players started shutting down. I do not think they were quitting on the team as a whole, but they were definitely quitting on plays, quitting on the field and quitting on each other and the coaches at times in the face of adversity.

furduknfish, kluke and Winston1 like this.
  3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Best game they played this year was Florida . They knew he was gone . Hmmmmmmmmmmm ?

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think this is spot on. A lot of things caused the coaches and the players to lose a 'team focus'. The HC, like everyone is a leadership position, has to be able bring everybody back to the same page so they can perform as a unit.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I'm sorry. I should have been more specific. When it comes to the issue of police behavior towards young black men, he should have shut his mouth and listened to his young black players. Orgeron absolutely CANNOT understand their feelings because he hasn't experienced what they have. All it takes is a bit of humility and an honest effort to understand. Quite frankly, I don't think he even has to agree with the players, but he has to listen and he has to stand in solidarity with his players and put his own feelings aside and be willing to see things from a different perspective.

Hou-duco likes this.
  6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Ok I stole this but hey we gotta keep a sense of humor.
    9B0CB490-556E-4FD3-B46C-D5874238B9C8.jpeg

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

He’s still there though lol. You don’t celebrate him being gone until he’s gone.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm slow today, I had to look twice to catch it

Don Castavez likes this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Let's hope Sparty steps up and pays Mel the big bucks to keep him. Guy seems like he is on the path to build something. I want to see someone who can build and sustain as well.

Don Castavez likes this.
  10. msully

msully Founding Member

Only one way too the next level
    Win win win . So if they do not want to play too win . Send them home