It's official. Orgeron gone at the end of the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Oct 17, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Many people disagree with you.

As far as shutting up and listening, that’s not what I want out of a HC.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm reminded of what James Carville said when asked if he knew what Les Miles politics were. He replied something like "He converted 5 4th down attempts against Florida. Why should I give a fuck who he voted for President".

All I want out of a HC is (1) wins and (2) don't do anything to hurt or embarrass LSU.

3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

James always likes it when we run Left
    HAYOHhhhhhhh!

kluke likes this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

DDB1FF53-1893-4F2F-B850-D224FEE0AAA3.gif

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

If they disagree, then they are being shortsighted. What @Guido Merkins said was spot on. There are MANY facets to being a head coach - one being your relationship with your players and he damaged his relationship with them at that moment.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The relationship is important, but that relationship should not be shut up and listen. I agree O mishandled it, but y’all go a bit too far with it.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am not a fan of BLM. To me it is all lives matter not just 1 race. If it says all lives matter im in. But i understand that Police officers sometimes go to far. And sometimes way too far. As Guido said as a Head Coach of predominantly African American players you have to be sensitive to what effects their lifes and understand. I dont see where that should interfere with Coach O thanking the President for having LSU to white house as many other sports programs have done.

And no problem with any players who didnt want to go if they felt strongly about Trump and didnt want to go. I think this is supposed to be a free country. But democrats seem to believe in free speech only when it benefits them.

I would rather follow the Constitution and give everyone free speech even though i disagree with.

8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The only ones I’ve seen were not happy. Recruits to former players, haven’t seen anyone speak a bad word of him.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Brennan tweeted out a “hmmm” emoji

Koy Moore entered the portal (no playing time)

One WR who was already a Bama lean and just came off a Bama visit de-committed.

There was much more negative chatter and tweets from former players while LSU was shitting the bed on the field on their way to a 9-8 record.

Im sure there will be some decommits and some players hit the portal. But on the flip side, there will also be some new commits and new players transfer in once the new HC is in place.

shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Thanks!