It's official. Orgeron gone at the end of the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Easy fellas. Let’s all break bread together . A hire based only on a political agenda is a bad move regardless of color.
    Ask Texas, ATM and way back good ol Boudin U about warm and fuzzy hires. Didn’t Baldwin sue his former employer?
    You step into p c land hiring a coach and he sucks then you have to contend with Rev Al in the student section saying you gave other coaches a lot more time .
    It’s a point of no return.
    I vote Fuck no .
    Leave saving the world for Free Speech Alley

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Don Castavez

Has he played Captain Khaki Pants yet? Hopefully they hang fitty on him and we put that to bed .

3. Don Castavez

I’m hearing he hit on a Board members wife at a gas station . Notice all these damn board members have wives and daughters who get in the middle of crap ?
    Didn’t Cecil the Diesel break into a Board members daughters apartment?? Wtf ?

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Because they played like crap last year? Improve his draft status?

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

This is a sad day for LSU. Ed Orgeron is a victim of his success and let his personal life and the title 9 issues embarrass the university and you dont have to be a genius to see the coaching this year has been bad at best. These 2 coordinator's were not ready for the jobs at a program like LSU. This is not an on the job learning place.

I will always be thankfull for Coach O for taking the reins and for a year like no other in LSU History.

Sometimes it is harder to sustain success than it is to get there once.

Good luck and God be with you Coach O. You will always be a Tiger.

TBTrumpet and APPTiger like this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I think that’s true of his personality traits, but I can’t fathom that nothing has changed in the building and yet the output has dropped off so much. The reports of his girlfriend’s kid participating in drills is something he’d never have done before.
    Possible, but guys like Chasen Hines are not seeing a draft board regardless, and they risk injury coming back. Ingram is just one data point.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Nice O, because you know all women dream of being picked up in a gas station. Was it a Billups 66 station?
    I have it on good authority these are the Top 10 Lines O used to pick up a Board members wife at Cajun country gas stations;
    1. Check your oil? I'll let you use my dip stick.
    2. If your not busy will you help me pick out a condom or 'novelty' in the bathroom vending machine?
    3. Do you pump here often?
    4. I like the way you really know how to handle a nozzle, doing anything later?
    5. How about I tear off my shirt and let you run your hands over my hairy chest.
    6. Hey your cute - you're not over 25 are ya?
    7. I'm the Big Tiger, close your eyes and I'll let you pull my tail?
    8. Nice tits bitch!! You make my radiator boil over!!
    9. You know what we say down on the bayou, the only thing better than making a new friend at a gas station is blowing them in a hot tub!! Join me?
    10. What do you mean you can't understand a word I said?

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You're in rare form today!

9. Don Castavez

Coach, is that boudin
    or you just happy to see me?

lsu-i-like and kluke like this.
  10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Those talking about the "social justice bullshit" don't have a clue. You coach a team made up, primarily, of young black men. Ed Orgeron, as their coach, SHOULD absolutely care about things that his players care about. He should have shut his mouth and listened and showed solidarity with his players DESPITE his own beliefs.

Leaders listen and they lead by example. He showed them, in no uncertain terms, that he only cared about them as football players, not as young men. It's a bit like being a parent. You are there for your kids even if you think they are making a mistake (which they weren't)

I have no idea what Saban's political views are, but he was there for his players when they needed him. That's why he is who he is and that's why Ed Orgeron is fired.