It's official. Orgeron gone at the end of the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Oct 17, 2021.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Spun is throwing Dabo into the mix. He ain't coming here. Even if he does it will only be until Saban leaves Bama.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It is part of this discussion. Apparently from what I am reading O had to deal with being canceled by players for not marching to support BLM and is one of the issues in why he is being fired. Next coach will also have to deal with this issue. I didn't bring politics into this the players brought politics into this. Lastly if the coaching search has a politically correct element to it to satisfy some political movement or to placate some players then that does become part of the discussion. My point is politics and the race of the next coach should not be considered only qualifications.

I will however I agree and will leave politics to the FSA.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I would take Dabo. He would thrive I believe in the SEC. He has beaten Saban. He also doesn't seem to have any skeletons in his closet. His recruiting is top notch and he would even do better in the SEC and has great name recognition. He might want to leave the ACC and coach in the big boy conference.

4. kappakall

kappakall Founding Member

fuck you

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Well, He wasn’t fired over it. It just damaged his relationship with his team. Which I’m hearing more and more reasons for that damaged relationship going far beyond that march. Having a relationship with your players is one of the most important factors in being a successful head coach. Go look and see where Nick Saban was when his team did the same thing and marched across their campus.

In business, you have to put your personal feelings aside sometimes, he struggled to do that.

There are some very damning reports coming out now about Ed’s behavior that lead up not only to his 9-8 record but ultimately his firing.

His mind clearly was not on football after winning that championship. Some of the shut being thrown around is pretty embarrassing.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I don't disagree Ed needed to keep his personal life personal very personal because he is not only answerable to his players, fans and the school but to the parents of the players. However football players at LSU and every university receive scholarships to play football and get an education not to bring politics into sports at a state funded university. Both have a responsibility.

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Well said.
    He needed to put his political and personal beliefs aside in order to support the team. A major reason for his downfall.

Hou-duco and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed. It’s strange that so many players came back to play for him, which is puzzling if the narrative is, “nobody wanted to play for him”. While many came back after the 2020 season, a few never even played the 2020 season for one reason or another and it wouldn’t be fair to speculate as to why.

What I truly believe we have watched over the last season and a half, is a team that just isn’t focused on football or winning because their coach isn’t focused. Multiple factors playing a role. Handling success isn’t easy for everyone, he went through a divorce, evidently he got back on the sauce and from the sound of it, he either never really changed or he hit some sort of mid-life crisis and that chaos in his personal life found it’s way into the football program and the product on the field is the result. Some of the shit we’re seeing is making Ed look like a real piece of shit.

Regardless, it’s over now and I’ll always be thankful and grateful for 2019. Especially because it makes the LSU job that much more attractive to potential coaches. If he can do it, (insert name here) believes they easily can too.

I hope LSU finds the right candidate and that candidate finds the same success at LSU as our previous 3 coaches and wins us another championship. But most importantly, gets LSU back to playing inspired football every Saturday.

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I have a theory that Coach O didn't change much at all from 2016-now.

When you're a weird, stubborn knucklehead who is winning: those are endearing personality traits. What a colorful character!

When you're losing: he's "lost the team/university/boosters with his antics" or whatever.

tzanghi likes this.