It's not about magic, it's about coaching and LSU finally has the advantage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Oct 27, 2017.

?

Should I try writing more articles like this?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Did you see the game last year? The refs ACTUALLY HAD to save Nick Saban. He was outcoached for the first time in a while in this series. An inadvertent whistle prevented the referees from looking on instant replay as Duke Riley picked up a fumble and ran for a 90+ yard TD that would have given LSU a 7-0 lead at home on a night the Alabama offense could do nothing.

Later in a 0-0 game on 3rd and 9 the refs had to SAVE the crimson tide staff who were getting OUTCOACHED when there was a hold that would at the least put them at the edge of field goal range with a shaky kicker in a frenzied stadium. Hurts scored a touchdown, but would have been sacked and maybe fumbled without the hold.

Alabama would go on to win, and the Alabama fans will never admit the refs helped them, but Saban knows inside Ed O and his staff outcoached him all night and deserved the win.

It is what it it is. I am getting to the game on November 4th. There is no magic hold Alabama has on LSU it has been coaching pure and simple. Nick knows it ended last year, and so do the LSU players, they are pumped. Listen to them, they are jacked up.

This is the team that Alabama can't intimidate. This is the team that doesn't roll over the way Tennessee did for them last week. Oh no, THIS IS LSU. They believe and know they can play with Alabama.

Who has Alabama really played this year?

Let's see. 2-4 Florida State(WOW), 3-4 Ole Miss, 2-5 Arkansas, 3-4 Vandy, 3-4 Tenn, Colorado State, Fresno State, and the game against Texas A&M they struggled to put away and only won by 8. Not looking like the best schedule. How good are they? The DL has struggled against this schedule to produce sacks, only one DL has more than 2 sacks on the season against that poor schedule. DL R. Lewis, LSU will have a healthy Offensive line for the first time all year. How do we know they can't get it done? Alabama is having to blitz LB, S, CBs all season leaving spaces for short to medium passes. I expect Canada to be ready. I expect shotgun rollouts, runs from the gun, jet sweeps, kitchen sinks, Touchdowns. This Alabama defense is not last year's. The LB depth is thin and playing injured. Fitzpatrick the best in secondary is having to blitz leaving coverage duties to younger guys.

Let's go to offense of Alabama. Etling leads Hurts in ALL major passing categories. Hurts is a runner. Hurts struggles to complete passes greater than 15 yards and everyone knows it. Aranda knows it. LSU has a healthy starting Defensive line for the FIRST time this year. Lawrence and Gilmore and LeCouture will stuff running lanes while White will clean up and may cause a turnover. LSU may have the best secondary in the country and Battle will be back, and he is the run stuffing safety needed for Alabama. Delpit is great against the pass, but it will be Battle as the key in this one. He will fly to screens.

Special teams. LSU needs work on kickoff coverage. This is my only area of concern. I am confident. LSU has found a kicker with Culp slamming FGs now. Punts aren't being returned. Gage is a monster on special teams.

LSU has the edge on the coaching staff. I may be the only person saying it now, but on November 5th you are gonna hear it more. Canada will earn his money now.

I predict Alabama won't score on offense. LSU 17-3.

gynojunkie, TheRealist and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  2. six pack dan

I know I misspelled words. I am gonna hang up and listen.

3. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I find that there is a "spell check" on the forum. When keying a post, a misspelled a word will show with a red wavy line under the misspelled word. Simply put your cursor over the misspelled word, right click which will produce a window containing likely correct spellings for the misspelled word. Choose the correctly spelled word in the window which you intended and then left click on the correct spelling of your intended word within the window which will replace the misspelled word with the correct spelling within your posts.

Indoor plumbing and "spell check" are two great achievements of our modern world.

Bengal B and six pack dan like this.
  4. six pack dan

Spell check does sound like a great modern achievement. I will look for it.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Too long didn’t read (tldr). I think I agree with ya for the most part. Downplaying Saban too much, maybe.

TigerTap and six pack dan like this.
  7. six pack dan

I was talking staff vs staff maybe I should have been clearer. I meant everyone down to Corey Raymond.

8. six pack dan

First time I tried writing an article.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I remember that game last year and what I remember is that game could have gone on for another 4 quarters and we weren't gonna score.

LSUs defense played inspired and Bama's offense was far from good. We saw that in the game against Clemson. The play Bama scored on was holding, for sure, but a field goal would have beaten us last year. Bama's offense is better this year than it was last year. Their defense is still dominant.

I see an LSU defense this year that's not nearly as good or as deep as the one last year. I see an LSU offense that still can't throw intermediate passes to save it's life. Our offensive line is not as good as the one last year and it's not as deep. We are worse at the skill positions than we were last year. And the game last year was in Tiger Stadium, where we generally are competitive with Bama in the last 6 or 7 meetings. In Tuscaloosa, yeah, they've generally curb stomped us.

Canada is gonna have to do it with smoke and mirrors to win this game. I don't see the jet sweep offense working against Saban. Or we are gonna need help from Bama. I do like the optimism, but I think you are gonna be one disappointed person on Nov 4...

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I will say this about the coaching matchup. The days of LSU's offense being an open book to Saban are over. Canada will actually watch game film of Bama's defense and attempt to devise a plan to attack its weaknesses. The question will be, can our guys successfully execute the plan?