It's More Than A Game, Thanks Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 12, 2015.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm hoping for more than that since I haven't eaten much in over a week and still don't have a very healthy appetite.

2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

My 75 year old MIL had hers removed today after a one day admit/evaluation. I'm glad you are bouncing back pretty well as my wife is kind of freaking out right now. I had to reroute her from Jacksonville to Austin as a result. All scope surgery right?

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

here all week

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It hasn't been too bad, though the first day or two had me feeling kinda low. But I'm 30 years younger than your MIL, so that could certainly factor into the recovery equation. Mine was a scope with an incision in my belly button and two smaller ones in the lower abdomen.

A weird side effect of the scope was that it felt like a load of bricks was sitting on my chest when I woke up in the recovery room. The nurse told me that was from the water that they use during the scope. That, and my throat was really sore from whatever tubes were down my throat during the surgery. But that only lasted a day or so.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Happy to hear all turned out well.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Speaking of the hospitality...I forgot to mention the comment of a colleague in Chicago the day of the South Carolina game.

He texted me about some business then ended with something about hoping LSU loses today (He is a ND fan). Anyway I related how LSU had put together a nice welcome for the Gamecocks, making them the home team and how they would be getting the proceeds from the game plus the donations that people were giving. He replied "Yeah, and the Christians thought they were getting a cot to sleep and 3 squares a day when the entered the Coliseum until the heard the growl of tigers..."

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.