Its football season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Aug 5, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Looks like we got another good one on our hands..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYcZ2JgzyK/

I know there is a pessimistic feel to the coaching and Oline, but we still have very good talent and more than enough O linemen to compete.

Further, the games that were already considered "tough" were not tough because of our Oline, they are tough because for the past 5 years we have had no offensive identity or strategy to:

A) Attack the defensive teams weaknesses
    B) Exploit our talent
    C) Hide our offensive weaknesses

I full expect our D to be better and more prepared. Devin White, I think, will be an absolute monster on the field and for the 1st time in a long time I am comfortable with the Dline. Still some recruiting work to do, but better than most years.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

28 more days. I hope they can put an O line on the field that can not only protect Etling but open holes just big enough for Guice to scoot through. How is Etling's health? He should have had his surgery right after the season last year and skipped spring practice. And if he's health how much has he grown as a QB under Matt Canada?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It seems Canada likes the up tempo get the ball out fast. Should help our Oline honestly. I mean, if he can draw up a game plan with the talent from his last program to beat Clemson, why cant we?

Further, it wasn't like Clemson's Offensive line was full of NFL talent either.

We put a lot of pressure on them only because of our past. Meaning? We ran the ball to much and needed them to perform basically at 100% every game to win. I dont feel that will be the case moving forward.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In games Pittsburgh lost Canada's offense scored 38, 36, 36, 28, and 24. If he can do that and with Aranda's D we should win those kinds of games. Pittsburgh's defense allowed 61 points to Syracuse in a game they won 76-61.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Etling has been on twitter saying, "he's never felt this good". Take it how you want it. He says he's healthy and ready to go.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We'll see. Players want to play badly enough that a lot of them will lie to their coaches and say they are feeling good when they're not.

Richdog likes this.
  7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Very true. That's the nature of the beast for athletes going back all the way to pee wee leagues. But if he's telling the truth, if he's healthy, and Canada has found a way to get the most out of him, I think it'll be an entertaining year on offense.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I think Etling will become a Tebow and light up SEC record books, but if Canada can get the kind of service out of him that Miles got out of Flynn, LSU can do very well. All we need is a serviceable QB that can move the chains consistently.

8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Its football season

YES IT IS!

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was officially football season Thursday night when a bunch of guys you've never heard of in Cowboys uniforms beat a bunch of guys you've never heard of in Cardinals uniforms in a meaningless exhibition game. The highlight of the Hall of Fame Game for me was that Morten Andersen finally got inducted into the HOF.

StaceyO and GregLSU like this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm a Cowboys fan, and I didn't even realize it was going to be on. I ended up catching bits and pieces of it at a bar, where I was at a Planoettes parents happy hour.

LSU_4_LIFE, lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.