Its a sad day boys and girls.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 21, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The end of the Les Miles era it seems. I know people will say 15 mill along with his 4.5 mill so screw him. But the man means well, did a lot for this program and is a great representative not only as a coach but a human being. I can only aspire to be as true a person as Les.
    Goodbyes suck and change is difficult. Stability is key to a program which is why many fear the future. But hey, 11 years is a long run. We had more ups than downs but the university always comes first.
    Time for a change. Now who do we get and how soon does it happen. Or are we actually standing pat and giving him another year.

2. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Good post

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hated when they showed the camera on him after one disastrous play after another. He is a good man and should be respected for how well he held the LSU football program up for these past 11 years.

I think he is as good as gone. He's lost the team and that's too much to overcome.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well said my friend.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Part of me feels like it would be best to get a young and up-n-coming new coach with some fire and not some old guy who is ready to die.

Someone who wants to make a name for themselves and stays because they like it.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Unless Alleva and the boosters have a 100% lock on a top-tier replacement, Les will be here bumbling his way through 2016.

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I dont see LSU being coached by an interim titled assistant. So it isn't happening till after the season.

8. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I still find it hard to believe that Miles gets fired this season. I'm guessing he gets another year.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think the same as-well.

I do hope we get a new DC.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think it all depends on if we have "that guy" as our next coach. If you can't get your #1 choice, give Les another year. If you have him, pull the trigger. It must all be done with a perfect touch, though. The national perception is that we are crazy to fire someone with Les' win-loss record. Problem is that if everyone knows we are looking, keeping Les for another year will probably do more harm than good. Lame duck coaches are never good. It'll be a hard path to navigate, that's for sure.