It wasn’t supposed to be like this. LSU was supposed to lose lots in 2018.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

go

you like Steve or you are his uncle or something, I get it.... I like him too. He's too conservative and doesn't put his players in the best position to succeed.

statistically we are middle of the pack except where it counts, in the red zone.
    that will win vs sela but not bama

shane0911 likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

one season's worth, and with a jack o'lantern OLine, unproven RBs, and a brand new QB who wasn't here in the spring. I, and others, have preached patience w/Oeaux, and you and others jumped all over his past record, etc., during the off-season. You've come around a bit on Oeaux, but once again, here we go with questioning someone who has 8 games under his belt with this particular personnel and saying things like "he's not going to get us to the next level". Geez, we are 7-1 and ranked #4. I know this is a message board meant to engage conversation and share opinions, but why keep questioning when we are doing well. Give the guy a chance, then conclusions can be reached.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

It's not about give him a chance, etc...we're all doing that

It's could he do better, or differently and why or why not. let's discuss

let's not be afraid to hear different opinions

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. BP

BP Founding Member

I agree. But, you give few, if any, specifics. What exactly could he do better... not in the abstract, but with this team, this personnel, and this level of experience?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well your mind is made up I just disagree dont think he is conservative at all. Our problem is not play calling it's execution and the lack of maturity of our team. Injuries has has made some plays look bad. We wouldn't be 7-1 # 4 in the nation with an average OC.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I spoke to this in an earlier post...I'm not a football coach but like many, played the game....while acknowledging that doesn't give me any special dispensation or wisdom....all the while having the benefit of hindsight.
    1. He doesn't use the short passing game well. with a banged up, inexperienced o line we could be better served by using the backs more with passes to the flat, screens, etc...with the past rush we've faced the screen or center screen should be our best friend....ceh in space is a beautiful thing.
    2. We have really tall wr's and have to take advantage in the red zone...put McGrath in the slot, or Chase..let Sullivan go up and get one.
    3. Football games are situational and don't often translate one to another but look at the Georgia game....no way in hell we lose that game because we were aggressive and attacked...that's not always the case when down, distance, and circumstance dictate. Far too often we rely on Tracy and far too often we decide so early in the possession.

my .02

It's been a magical season so far and these tigers have a chance to rival 2011.
    It's all in front of them and a big part of that is due to the entire staff. I do credit ensminger for the success we've had. To not do so would be disingenuous and not fair.

having said that, it's also fair to say that steve would say, there's much that can be improved upon.

your turn

furduknfish, BP, LSUpride123 and 3 others like this.
  7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

We are 7-1. 7-1 man! Think about it. You folks are very picky. With the schedule we had I’ll take it 10 days out of 10. The team won these games. The TEAM. A team assembled by Orgeron. That’s the facts. The only ones I care about. NO ONE predicted this. And if anyone did God bless ‘em. If we were a losing team I could understand the nit picking. This is a damn good team, period. I don’t care if Barney Fife was the OC. It’s all on the head coach anyway. And another thing, who cares how Orgeron got the job. It is what it is. None of us really know the politics involved with the hire.
    So Alabama is coming in. Best Alabama team I’ve seen in years. Probably better than last years national championship team. And that with a great coach. We should know. Chances are slim for us but we have a good chance, Devin White or not. If this was a re-building year, I’ll take it. Go Tigahs.

Bengal B, mctiger, lsu-i-like and 4 others like this.
  8. BP

BP Founding Member

Thanks for the response. I hope others more knowledegable than me (which is just about everyone) will respond with their own analysis.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  10. BP

BP Founding Member

Mr. Caca... just an observation. A review of my posts would show that I pretty much agree with your viewpoint on E and O. However, I asked Mr. Kcal for an analysis, which he gave. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, it was his opinion that he delivered in measured tones. He made no reference to anyone else. And, yet, in your response, you, for some reason, felt the need to make it personal. I don't understand. I believe by constantly belittling those who have a different opinion you actually weaken your comments, not to mention making them less enjoyable to read. I like reading your posts for the content and analysis; the derogatory comments I can do without.... just my $0.2 worth.

Winston1, ROY_LA_CA, Bengal B and 2 others like this.