It Was GSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

CO is not a "negatiger". He's a nega-leaning realist.

He's right, GSU is not nearly on the level of LSU with regards to talent and athletic ability, and they were shocked by the new elements in the LSU offense. Their HC acknowledged after the game they were unprepared for that kind of offense from LSU.

That said, what he doesn't seem to realize is....we all know that. It doesn't matter. We're celebrating the fact LSU has stepped out of the stone ages offensively. We're celebrating more than 2 (sometimes 1) receiver in a route. We're celebrating the offense came out sharp on laser focused unlike other teams that struggled with lesser opponents, which is quite the norm for week one.

Me personally, I'm celebrating the defense that shut down a senior laden very experienced offense that typically puts up 200+ yds rushing on teams like Clemson, Bama, and UF. I'm selling them short, honestly. More like 300+ yds against said defenses. Sure, they get killed because they're outmanned, but they always put up a fight.

And that last part isn't me gloating about the LSU players. It's me praising the LSU coaching staff and their amazing preparation and attention to detail leading up to this game. If they continue to coach like this, we will be hard to stop. Period.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tap used to call those of us who were critical of Les Miles Negatigers. Now he has become the nega.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I've noticed. And I admit I was heavily against O being hired full time, and was probably pretty friggin negative in 2017. That said, I can see with my own two eyes he's made efforts to improve rather than sit on a bad fit like Les seemed to do. I like O and always have, but didn't think he was HC material for LSU. I still think the "search" was a friggin joke. But I like what I see right now. I hope he stays aggressive and doesn't regress back to conservative approach when things are iffy like he did last year. I called that the "Cole Tracy Offense". He knew he could get 3 points, so he wouldn't take chances in the red zone.

Fortune favors the aggressor.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Cade York was money on all 3 of his field goal attempts but he still hasn't been tested under the pressure of a game decider.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yeah, I'm happy we seem to have a solid replacement for Tracy. Just hope it doesn't factor into the actual play calling. If needed, use the kicker. But don't play chicken shite because you know you have a kicker.

shane0911, LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.