It Was GSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Sep 1, 2019.

1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

What do they call em in here ...

Detractors
    Nega-Tigers

What’s caca call em ... Oh yeah

Buzzards

2. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I’m CO Tiger ... I want you to believe GSU wasn’t a very good team because I’m so smart about football and I know more than the coaches know who enumerated the attributes that make GSU a good team

10 wins ... That’s all I had to hear to know they were a good team ...

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I hear ya, Co,.. but Ramah is a Tigerfan, I support his right to exist

Chipeace, LSUpride123 and LSUTiga like this.
  4. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

About the Stingley punt return ...
    Just watched it eight times on replay

On the play after his juke move and broken first tackle, his own teammates hemmed him in ... He went down after 6 tackle atts

He was bumped or hit almost as many times by his own teammates

LSU coaching needs to work with his teammates as this was 6 points ...

This is electrifying football

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Stingley had 52 punt return yards last night.

LSU had 99 punt return yards....in all of 2018.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@COTiger wasn't talking to you

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We put this team away last night like a top team should. While I am a little concerned about our lack of push by the OL I will wait till halftime of the Texas game to see if it was because we were more interested in trying out all our RB's and concentrating on establishing our passing game. Our D is big time. Fast, physical and big. Big game next week.

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yes, it was GSU. However, in the last several seasons, we have played other "cupcakes" and still we looked sloppy, undisciplined, and played with a lack of motivation. Many of those teams we should have hung half a hundred on, and we didn't. Last night was the first time I've seen LSU come out and destroy a team like that since 2011. They were on a mission and were nearly flawless in the execution of their game plan. GSU or not, they looked that good to me.

I saw an O-line has some catching up to do; they're still adjusting to new hurry up style offense we now have. They'll get better as time goes by. I saw that Burrow is completely confident in his ability and that also is something LSU hasn't had in a QB in quite a while. I see the ball being spread around to many players on offense. We are no longer that one dimensional offense you just stack the box against. We have an offense now that comes out and punches their opponent in the mouth rather than playing conservative. I see team that has finally figured out how to go for the kill and put the opponent away. I see a scary, good team if they can gel on the more challenging games as they did last night. Are we going to beat all our opponents by 50+ points this season? More than likely not. But I like the effort I am seeing and this is a team that could beat just about anybody if they are running on all cylinders..

You can bet your ass that all of the teams on our schedule took note and all had the same voice in the back of their heads saying "Holy shit!".. (looking at you Bama)...

9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Bama Skeered now? You whup up on a 'lil Debbie & now your Popeye the fishin' man?

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Yes it was gsu yes we should beat the crap out of them... and we did. Quit poopooing on the win just because Elmer's up in Kansas now and your still butt hurt over oeaux.

shane0911, Bengal B and Winston1 like this.