It was 50 years ago today Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Rex, May 26, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

May 26, 1967.

[​IMG]

Coincidentally, I'm 64.... and although it sucks getting older I count myself as fortunate to have live witnessed the artistic growth of the Beatles. This album was their answer to the Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds", which itself was innovative and brilliant.

The Sixties - you had to have been there to grasp how extraordinary were those years.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

this explains your political thinking....

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not really I'm 65 and think the hippies were a selfish self absorbed waste of sperm. I like the Stones better than the Beatles and really love the blue eyed soul of the day.
    Now I listen to the bridge on SiriusXM and know it's a thousand times better than today's crap.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Gotta disagree with you. Not with your taste in music, I like the Stones better than the Beatles too, the Stones were way more bluesy, the Beatles were innovators and that's a hell of thing, but the Stones, they just flat out had some soul and again were way more bluesy than experimental and innovative.

Any way, I don't think the hippie generation was more self absorbed than any other factions or sections of America then or now. I mean I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for the 60's. Plus it brought great music.