It has not been fun

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jun 16, 2024.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Checking out old threads and ran across this one, so an update. It turns out I do not have Crohn's Disease, and they are classifying my initial stomach issue as "probably a virus, but we're really not sure what the hell happened." Also got lots of advice from gallbladder removal patients I know, about avoiding this food or that. But I've yet to have a problem, and I haven't had to change my diet one bit.

LSUTiga, Hou-duco and Chipeace like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

dang, I must have been away during all this…

glad you’re better!

furduknfish and mctiger like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

@mctiger
    Damn, thats a bad ass stomach virus, Baw. Gotta get that immunity up by hittin golden corral more often.

And glad youre roundin the corner.

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I just read this! Glad you're outta the woods and better! We physicians can sure give y'all a run for your money (pun intended).

Reminded me of a patient who told me her husband got admitted to NYU Hospital--basically a top ten U.S. institution. But, he had one f-up after another, they took his gall bladder and, while inside, nicked an artery and he nearly bled out. Then it was one organ failure after another but he got through it.
    Always the jokester, I said to my patient, "Wow! It looks like, despite his doctor's best efforts, he survived."

You did too. Welcome back!

mctiger likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sorry to hear of your ordeal. Sounds awful. I hope the doctors can come up with a definitive diagnosis. Like my father used to say, “They don’t call it practicing medicine for nothing!” Good luck.

kcal and shane0911 like this.