"Islam has made the USA better"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 6, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

see you know what i wondered, if these radical muslims are really religious or if they use religion as a means to control and recruit weak minded people for suicide bombers and foot soldiers. im only talking about the leaders like bin laden or Ayman al Zawahiri.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

This is exactly what happens. As I alluded to earlier, it's a lot easier to recruit impoverished people who feel that they have been wronged and oppressed than ones who come from more well-to-do situations.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Anyone want to get back to discussing butts?... or butheads?... or head butts?

[​IMG]

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I think a better point would be for both side heres. If you are murdering in the name of your religion/faith, are you truly living to the standards tought by your religion/faith(Red spoke to this because almost all religions denounce murder)

I think there would be a great number of people, both Christians and Muslims, who would say just because someone claims to be a Christian or Muslim doesn't mean they are according to teachings of both religions. I think many would say those defined as radicals of either religion are probably 1) misinterpreting some passage in their holy texts or 2) not taking the teachings as a whole but rather taking bits and pieces that fit how they choose to already live their lives.

And just to be clear, the bombing of abortion clinics and the Crusades, neither a glowing endorsement for Christianity, both came to mind in my prior statement. I think/hope I was a little more clear on my point this time around, but I probably will have explain my statements again at a later date.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Currently, Islamic terrorism accounts for the vast majority of all terrorism in the world. And when you factor in death tolls, it's even more significant.

Also, trying to remove the motive from the motivation is a fool's errand in this gig. The highly educated fellas who pulled off 9/11 weren't murderers looking for a justification. They were frustrated young men given a motive and a motivation by a religious culture that does not hold itself to it's own ethical standards.

Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. But the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim right now. That's just a fact.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe I could be wrong but according to Bill Maher's Religulous the Koran does talk about death to the infidels.
    You are supposed to be converted or die?:confused:

Same as above?:confused:
    What am I missing here?

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Islam has not made the USA better. What a crock. Obama is just being the quintessential politician and lying through his teeth while feeding the rag heads BS.