"Islam has made the USA better"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Not to be confrontational... but when is the last time you heard of a Christian strapping a bomb to themself and killing themself and many inocent bystanders, including those of their own faith... along with the countless injuries to others.

Not saying people have not done horrible things in the name of Christ or in the name of Allah in the past. Just saying defining both by the term fanatical may be a bit off for more recent history.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the bosnian war was not that long ago.

and plenty of african christians are quite aggressive.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Not sure when, but hasn't this happened at abortion clinics? I know that you probably realize this, but far more people have been killed in the name of religion than any other cause in history. Just because there aren't modern-day fanatics making a name by killing innocent people, doesn't mean things like the Spanish Inquisition never happened. People can justify severely gruesome acts when they feel that they are carrying out the cause of their faith, and this has never been limited to Muslims.
    Well, both wish to degrade individual rights by instilling an overwhelming sense of fear, so I'd say they're basically the same. Fanatical Christians aren't violent right now (for the most part) because most of them reside in civilized, stable countries, and therefore have no global strife that they feel compelled to reconcile.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I just want to point out how awesome this movie was. The part about Christianity being a recycled religion was particularly compelling.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Tremendous differences between Radical Christianity vs Moderate Christianity
    and Radical Islam vs Moderate Islam

That is all.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Murderous kooks come in all flavors. Timothy McVeigh was a Christian, as was Charles Manson, Eric Rudolph, Ted Kaczynski, most of our serial killers, etc. Suicide is a sin in Christianity, but not in Islam. That's the difference--they don't often kill themselves.

At least, the suicidal murderous Islamic kooks are one and done, while the resolute murderous Christian kooks kill again and again.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wasnt saying that all of them were fanatical, just that there are fanatical christians as there are fanatical muslims.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think we should kill everybody, just to be sure.

2 people like this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

interesting. please elaborate. i dont have much first-hand knowledge of radical islam, i do with the other three.

i think we're trying to make the distinction between murder by a religious person and murder in the name of religion (but i get that your post is quite tongue in cheek)

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Radicals do terror as a political act. Invoking religion is just an attempt at justification of murder, which is prohibited by all religions.