Is Wells that much greater?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by moraink, Dec 30, 2007.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If Michigan had defeated Ohio State, then they would be playing in the Rose Bowl against SC, even with the loss to Oregon.

LSU has two losses and is playing for the Nat'l Title. I don't like the idea of losing to an inferior team, but LSU has done it twice and went to the MNC Game. People would get over it real quick.

No, they do not all count.

2. VABuckeye

VABuckeye Founding Member

Now you're changing it up. Kentucky and Arkansas are not MTSU or LaTech. Lose to those guys and tell me it doesn't matter.

3. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I agree with VABuckeye...USC's loss to Stanford kept them out of the NCG, had they lost to Cal or Ariz. State, they could have a case for being left out.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm not changing anything. I have talked about losing to non-conference teams from the very beginning. You have a reading and comprehension problem. What idiot thinks that conference games don't count?

5. Pheasant

Pheasant Founding Member

You win "most ignorant comment of the thread award" for that one. Here it is: :rolleye33:

Have you watched tOSU play this year?
    Is Todd Boeckman Pat White? No. He does remind me a lot of Craig Krenzel, though. I'm sure some of you are wondering who the hell that is, or what difference that makes. When tOSU and Miami couldn't get anything going on the ground because of great defenses Krenzel was the leading rusher in the 2002 championship game. As a slow, white quarterback...he didn't break many tackles, he didn't make many people miss, but when tOSU needed a big play and the receivers were covered he simply made the play...sort of like Hester always gets the tought yards- just a bigger and slower version. Boeckman does the same things. He doesn't run very often, but he is effective when he does.

Also, why would we have to write it down? You just typed it onto the intertron for everyone to see.

Chris Wells is not that much greater, but he's a very good back. He probably won't break 200 yards in this game and probably won't score 4 touchdowns, but the only way he has less than 70 rushing yards is if he only carries the ball 14 times. I'd put his total somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 yards, with a score or two. I think he'll probably about equal what Hester and Williams do combined, on roughly the same number of carries.

Pretty surprising to see an Ohio State board talking up one of Ohio State's best players, though ;).

FWIW, I think if a running back makes plays that are the difference in the game, it won't be Wells, or Hester...it will be #5. Wells and Hester will both get their yardage, Williams is the wildcard.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pheasant

Pheasant Founding Member

He meant lose to MTSU or LaTech and then say it doesn't count...you evidently think being a laughingstock would be ok if you were in a BCS bowl, he doesn't, which is fine both ways. Most people would say they would rather lose to a conference foe than to a 1-AA team. Different strokes for different folks, but you didn't exactly read and comprehend either.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

islstl is stand up brother. WITH EXPERIANCE you will find his word is money. just sayin, and without knowing you, I would say the same for you. Have a great day. :milesmic:

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Or #32. Or #26. Or #8. All wildcards.

9. Pheasant

Pheasant Founding Member

I don't doubt it, and I tried not to attack personally, I just had to call out the statement...because it was completely ass-backward wrong. I would expect the same of any of you on the Ohio State boards.

10. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I don't think he'll run anymore then woodson or brennan does/did. Only when there's absolutely nothing else. I don't see him running after being flushed from the pocket.

Sometimes running can be a mistake.