Is Wells that much greater?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by moraink, Dec 30, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's not about seeing LSU although you may want to consider modern day technology allows people to watch more than one game during a weekend.

It's the numbers that go against what you threw out there about a 5 man rotation at the RB position.

Hester.
    204 carries

Williams
    68 carries

Holliday
    50 carries.

Scott
    43 carries

Murphy
    33 carries.

Like I said earlier, it isn't a real fair assessment to say LSU runs a 5 man rotation at the RB position. Hester does get some rest, but he's clearly shouldering the burden of the RB position.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

it's just not going to happen

Wells will not be able to get going, the OSU offense will not get into any kind of rhythm

3. islstl

memo to everyone, we're going to take away the run and force long yardage situations on 2nd and 3rd down.....pretty simple game plan actually

Boeckman has to prove he can beat us....and like I said if he plays the game of his life, OSU has a good chance to win this game

4. islstl

With all the RB comparison, I still say Wells is closest to the size and speed and type of back that Arian Foster is of Tennessee. Foster is 6'1" 225, plays more like 230/235, similiar in speed and a bruising RB. He got 55 yards on 21 attempts.

5. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Nobody said that the carries had to be split evenly...Hester averaged 16 carries per game out of the 42 carries per game that LSU had during the season... I hardly call that a burden...We had 6 guys with over two hundred yards and another with 197....Illinois and OSU had 3 each, Oregon and WVU had 5, and your team had 3...That's the balance and depth I'm talking about, of course I wouldn't expect you to understand.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

And Juice had, what, 4 touchdown passes that game?

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There is Hester and then the stable. Been that way all season. Next year I think it will be more of a balanced stable at RB.

:geaux:

8. moraink

moraink Founding Member

And wasn't he having big games before LSU?

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So tell me, if the team's goal isn't 1) to stay healthy and 2) to win against teams like MTSU, LaTech, etc. then why do we not see the starters play the entire game? If you lose a game to a non-conference foe, it's embarrassing, but it doesn't end your BCS hopes like losing a conference game does. You can still win your conference with a loss to a non-conference foe and if you win your conference, you are going to a BCS game.

No one wants to lose to those teams, but you don't want to lose your best players at the expense of a meaningless win. I'm sorry that you feel that beating LaTech is more important than keeping Keiland Williams or Matt Flynn healthy for the games that count.

10. VABuckeye

VABuckeye Founding Member

They all count. Ask Michigan.

If you lose one of "those" games you become the laughingstock of the country. Perhaps you can live with that. Most of your fan base can't. Additionally, one of "those" losses means you are out of the national championship picture. Don't kid yourself. College football is big business. Winning games creates revenue.